AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

Cant keep straight ahead!!

I have recently noticed a problem develop with my car, it is really hard to keep the car going in a straight line and takes loads of little corrections to the steering wheel, i have changed my tyres recently but have checked the pressures and they are all fine, it seems to be getting worse and noticed it quite a lot on my way home from work today! any ideas as to what is causing this?

Many thanks

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    what tyres have you got on ?

6th Gear

Status
    When you changed the tyres did you get the tracking done on the wheels too? If not then your tracking is off and needs realignment.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

2nd Gear

Status
    It has pirelli p zero rosso tyres which were balanced but i didnt have the tracking done, the steering wheel has always been to the right when the car is going straight ahead but i have only recently noticed how hard it is to keep in a straight line!

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    have tracking checked for a start

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok, will do

Chris

Rarely neutral

Status
    As above,tracking is the first thing to check.

Mine gets checked every 5000 miles or so and always needs correcting.
    Have a look at my build thread and see how far out it was last time!

2nd Gear

Status
    I am any better of going to audi for my tracking? do they have better technology or am i just as good going to an independent?

Chris

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    I am any better of going to audi for my tracking? do they have better technology or am i just as good going to an independent?

Chris
    Pick a good independent with 4wheel laser alignment.

On a journey...

Status
    Get a 4-wheel alignment done as soon as you can - you'll almost certainly be wearing the tyres out in an uneven pattern. A good place will charge somewhere around £50-80 for a proper set-up.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

Sportback owner

Status
    While you have the opportunity when the car is up on the hoist. Get a mechanic to shake the front wheels violently, and see if there are any joints, bushes etc which are worn or coming loose. Check also the front sub-frame anchor points (bolts tightened to the right torque). I have P-Zero rosso's and the car runs so straight it thinks it's a train. Meanwhile, see if you can get the steering wheel centered, which will be much nice to drive. Good luck.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

5th Gear

Status
    They should centre the wheel when they track it. Mine always does.