A3 3.2 to 3.2 FSi?

nicks3

Reaction score
Will audi do this, upgrade the existing 3.2 engine for the new type 3.2 FSi at any stage in the future do you think?

doubt it, totally different engine believe it or not.
A3 3.2 is an evolution of the old VR6 2.8 and is a narrow angle V (that's how they squeezed it in)

And when they made the head evolve to a 24 valve, it became incredibly complex. I can't see where they'd fit the in-cylinder injectors: not enough room!

Unless VAG do a 3.6L version of this engine (as it is rumored), then I think we've seen the last evolution of the Vr6 series.

It's stupid comments like that and and the constant rumour mongering that spoil forums like this.

It is only 5bhp more and slightly better emmisions and I was merely asking if anyone else knew what else was improved on the FSi engine?

Are we not allowed to ask questions anymore?

Please don't bother answering as you appear only to be able to talk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

THe A3 Quattro needs 350 BHP to make it a drivers machine.
It has the potential, i drive everywhere flat out and it dosent faulter at all, needs more power !

Did i say it needs more power,

[ QUOTE ]
It's stupid comments like that and and the constant rumour mongering that spoil forums like this.

It is only 5bhp more and slightly better emmisions and I was merely asking if anyone else knew what else was improved on the FSi engine?

Are we not allowed to ask questions anymore?

Please don't bother answering as you appear only to be able to talk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a chill pill man,it was only a wee joke.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You say it's only 5bhp more but,presumably,that's at peak power.

How do you know it's not,say,10-15 bhp up on the existing car right through the rev range,i.e.a fatter curve which means more power,more of the time.
Have you seen a power curve for it ?
Peak power ain't everything.

Bowfer it wasn't you mate......I could see you were joking. I was replying to djoblong who seemed very serious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I think he was merely continuing the Monty Python thing,as John Cleese does tell someone to shut up.

Line for line, as the film goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

aaaahhhhhh......if thats right then I apologise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Yes in fact I was just continuing the Monty Python thing there nicks3. The "Oh shut up" comment was as in quoting from a sketch directly, rather than specficially directed at you. I just found bowfer's post amusing so I milked it and continued it on. *sigh* If only I were more original. To tell you the truth I only really skimmed the other posts - it twere the Python that sucked me in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

we're still buddies then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif stop turning our racing brand all gay.... were hard core racers!!!!!!

or so i like to think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yeah can we just get back to talking about BHP, the number of valves and the smell of oil please....?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Nope! That engine is a real V6 and much bigger than the "VR6" that are in the A3 and TT.