VCDS Aberdeenshire

scotty0189

Prepairing to Land
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!

Not new to the forum, used to have an 8L, but only really used the search function to do things like fix faulty temperature gauges and Brake light switches, ect. Anyways - I digress.

I am looking to see if a Scottish man/woman can help me light up a German ladies rear end!

In all seriousness, I was wondering if someone in the Aberdeenshire or there abouts (I don't mind travelling) that can help me with some mods.

Looking at doing the LED rear light upgrade - I have searched the forum and found the E-Bay page with the lights from Germany and the converters I need too.
However I understand that they will need to be programmed using a VCDS - so therein lies my question, as I can't do this without some help.

I was also pondering one conundrum - I would very much like to do the cruise control upgrade too -I have looked on here and seen it can also be done, however I have heard of a story (locally) about a 2.0TDI TT that could not be programmed with Cruise Control. Has anyone else had any issues?

Hi by the way - I'm Scott I'm in Aberdeenshire and I have a late 2007 Phantom Black A3 Sportback in the 2.0TDI quattro S-line 170 flavour :)

Long winded way of saying hi...

Thanks - you have done well to real all that!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the 8P side mate.

Cruise coding and install is not a problem on your car mate, has been installed by me and others many times, but yes it will need coding as will the rear LED lights. Also it should not have been a problem on the TT.

If you intend to fit your self then check this user list http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vcds-formerly-vag-com-forum/84603-%2A%2A%2Avcds-users-map%2A%2A%2A.html for someone in your area who may help you code it.

I would have offered my services for supply and fit on both but I am way down in London, lol.

But if your prepared to travel to Newcastle way, then I can highly recommend a fellow member here called jb0o who can do a supply and fit, he may even meet you half way. Jonny is great guy who too knows his stuff.

Welcome to the 8P side mate.

Cruise coding and install is not a problem on your car mate, has been installed by me and others many times, but yes it will need coding as will the rear LED lights. Also it should not have been a problem on the TT.

If you intend to fit your self then check this user list http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vcds-formerly-vag-com-forum/84603-%2A%2A%2Avcds-users-map%2A%2A%2A.html for someone in your area who may help you code it.

I would have offered my services for supply and fit on both but I am way down in London, lol.

But if your prepared to travel to Newcastle way, then I can highly recommend a fellow member here called jb0o who can do a supply and fit, he may even meet you half way. Jonny is great guy who too knows his stuff.

Thanks for the welcome!

That's good news, the LED's look considerably better, and I'm a regular traveller to the Lancashire area - so cruise control could prove useful. Although I have managed for 4 years without it...

Thanks for the link, I will check it out now!!

Haha, yeah maybe a bit far to London - Newcastle perhaps - see what a search brings up!

Thanks again for the reply!

I'm heading up to perth possibly aberdeen (cruden bay) at the end of this month and can fit/programe cruise and your lights if you haven't done it by then. You'll need to get the parts though. It doesn't take long to fit/code so yeah..

I'm heading up to perth possibly aberdeen (cruden bay) at the end of this month and can fit/programe cruise and your lights if you haven't done it by then. You'll need to get the parts though. It doesn't take long to fit/code so yeah..

Thanks Rich!

I'll update this thread if I do get it done - probably won't do cruise yet, just ordered Rear lights from Germany and going to get the LED numberplate lights from Audi tomorrow :)