Turbo help/advice

Robertson.

Reaction score
Hello folks

Yesterday my turbo (Not physically confirmed only judged) let go in a heap of dark grey smoke as I came off a roundabout and accelerated onto the dual carriage way. Just as I pulled up the 'low engine oil' warning message appeared on the dash screen and I shut off the engine. This message also appeared three weeks ago and since I have topped up it has been gradually decreasing again until this event. The engine is a 2.0TDi 140PD on 60,000 miles.

Who else have had a similar failure, what costs were involved and was the problem completely resolved?

Furthermore does anyone recommend a service exchange turbo (any specific companies) or a brand new one.

Many thanks on any help provided.

Have you lost any power mate? The reason I asked is in my old a3 diesel the same happened to me only I lost power aswell and it was the turbo. cost new turbo plus Labour and exhaust removed and cleaned was a aprox a grand if I remember rightly, but you want to go and get it checked out professionally just to make sure it is the turbo hope this helps and good luck

Yes I lost all power too.
yea as above your turbo's nackered mate I found when I replaced my turbo there wasn't much difference in the price for new turbo rather that a recon and I got a 2 year warranty with the new one