Blurring out number plates on pictures?

rickypj

Reaction score
Just a quick one guys and prob something I should already know but how do you blur/ swirl out the plates on your car pics? Could do it in paint but it would look poo... Cheers for any help

photo editor\effects ...it should be noted that any pattern type effects in these photo editing apps can usually be undone by a determined individual using the same app, as all the information is still there, it's just messed up.

I use paint and wipe it out completely

I never under stood why it's done anyway? Can someone correct me? I can see cars and plates on the road so why blank them on a forum?

Here comes the beating....

Cheers,
Si

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
Cloning!

Crooks can find a picture of a car on here that looks like theirs and use the reg to drive their car illegally or for illegal activities - you'll get the knock on the door. Blanking the reg doesn't totally prevent it, but it makes it harder for them.

A friend of mine had over £1000 worth of congestion charges dropped on him last year and he hadn't been into London for a few years. A work colleague had a speeding ticket sent to him when he'd never been in the area it was issued.

Indeed, if they want to clone a car they will.I just won't make it easy by giving the information right to someones smart phone, who could be hundreds of miles away and otherwise not seen my car to clone it.

Ok so the tax disc might fail a walk by check, but until then if the cloned car was the correct make, model and plate, and the genuine car is still taxed and insured, it will pass a fixed roadside ANPR check, where the vehicle is not stopped up until the point where it is found to be a clone.

If the genuine car is in Luton, and the cloned one in Leeds, it could take months for it to be spotted, and the genuine owner may never know, until the speeding tickets come through.

Ricky pm me your pics and I can blur them