EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status

Looking to buy an S3 sport back

I sold my A4 cabby earlier this year and now I am looking for a nice S3 sport back. I want a 58 plate or newer and it has to have the bucket seats. I have yet to test drive one but have heard they are good but a little thirsty. Can anyone who owns one give me there recommendations.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Get one, you'll love it! You looking at spending £20k+, get a DSG one

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

S3 (8P)

Status
    Recommended.

IMO the SB has aged well, maybe even better than the 3 Dr??, I have owned a 3dr manual and now have a DSG SB and the current car for me is an easier car to own as a daily. The lazy `D` mode is perfect town driving mode and the extra doors give me the obvious benefit of rear access as we use the rear seats quite a bit.
    That said, I still think a manual lends itself better to `hooning` and it you are a particularly enthusiastic driver and want to use the S3s power most of the time then a manual is best suited I reckon.
    The main down fall here is that you will NEED a remap and therefore a knackered manual clutch wont be far behind....

Good luck with the search.

Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Well said, but DSG provides the ultimate driving experience IMO, you have the best of both worlds

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Recommended.

IMO the SB has aged well, maybe even better than the 3 Dr??, I have owned a 3dr manual and now have a DSG SB and the current car for me is an easier car to own as a daily. The lazy `D` mode is perfect town driving mode and the extra doors give me the obvious benefit of rear access as we use the rear seats quite a bit.
    That said, I still think a manual lends itself better to `hooning` and it you are a particularly enthusiastic driver and want to use the S3s power most of the time then a manual is best suited I reckon.
    The main down fall here is that you will NEED a remap and therefore a knackered manual clutch wont be far behind....

Good luck with the search.

Paul
    What tax bracket is the S3 in, I will be getting it mapped straight away. Can you recommend a good place, I used JBS last time. Doesn't the DSG box have problems?
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Shark is where it's at fella! I'm the Manchester agent, but take it to the HQ in Mansfield and you can have the engine and gearbox mapped!

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    What tax bracket is the S3 in, I will be getting it mapped straight away. Can you recommend a good place, I used JBS last time. Doesn't the DSG box have problems?
    Tax is around £250ish for 12 months.

I have Stage 1 Shark map and it is very good, apparently its even better with the DSG but I didnt want to go that far as I wanted to be DIY switchable, and you cant do that yet with the DSG map.

If you decide to go for the ECU map only, make sure you get the version with the `DSG Torque limiter patch`so the DSG liberates all of the grunt without intervention from the `box.

N8 will sort you out with via HQ with this map, he knows the crack

For balance, REVO is also a great product I have experience with but to be honest it looks excessively expensive next to the SHARK product.

Lots of tuned DSG cars out there and I am yet to read about them being problematic at all. In fact partly why I went DSG this time was to avoid the chocolate clutch issues that a lot of manual cars seem to have (including mine)

Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm loving mine - got it last week:

Got my new S3 Sportback....with a treat

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    I sold my A4 cabby earlier this year and now I am looking for a nice S3 sport back. I want a 58 plate or newer and it has to have the bucket seats. I have yet to test drive one but have heard they are good but a little thirsty. Can anyone who owns one give me there recommendations.

Hi 'itsmeagain' - I don't know whether you'd be interested but I am currently selling my S3 Sportback - I can even sell you the Shark STS Unit to map it with.

2011 61 PLATE AUDI S3 QUATTRO S-TRONIC - **HUGE SPEC** **IMMACULATE CONDITION** | eBay

Give me a call or email if you're interested and want to take a look

Thanks a lot,

Andy
    '61 Audi S3 | S-Tronic | Ibis White | Bose | Magnetic Ride | Acoustic Parking | Adaptive Xenons | Cruise | Folding Mirrors | Buckets | TPMS | Interior Light Pack | Privacy Glass | Stage 1 Shark |

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

How comes your selling Andy, and the cars in Preston? Thought you were over Nottingham way?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8:1643120
    How comes your selling Andy, and the cars in Preston? Thought you were over Nottingham way?
    It is a VERY reluctant sale and I will be very sad to see it go. I've recently bought a house you see so I'm being mr sensible (mainly as the missus is on my back! Lol) and selling it to free up some money. I plan to be back in one in a couple of years time! It's in pristine condition and comes well equipped so I'm hoping for a reasonably quick sale

Its always been in preston mate, I'm certain I've never ventured into nottingham, nevermind the car! Lol.
    '61 Audi S3 | S-Tronic | Ibis White | Bose | Magnetic Ride | Acoustic Parking | Adaptive Xenons | Cruise | Folding Mirrors | Buckets | TPMS | Interior Light Pack | Privacy Glass | Stage 1 Shark |

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm thinking of RPB or whatever his name is, got your message, seems about right to me considering the spec, GLWS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I'm thinking of RPB or whatever his name is, got your message, seems about right to me considering the spec, GLWS
    Thanks man, hopefully I can shift it pretty quickly as from what I can see there aren't many out there that are spec'd as highly as mine and I know the Magnetic Ride and Bucket Seats should help it sell well.
    I can't bring myself to part ex it - what their offering is just insulting!