Not changing after all.

I

imported_Spin140

Some of you may remember I was planning on selling the A3 and getting a new GTi, well I've been on that rollercoaster ride visiting dealers trawling the net etc with a view to finding the right car/deal.
There is not a lot of choice out there unless your willing to pay list new prices for ex demos. The majority of PX offers were insulting - worst being £14500 against a new car in 3 months and the best being a deal I thrashed out yesterday - £16000 against an ex demo, 5,000 miles standard apart from 6 CD armrest - price to change £3,995 - the dealer would also include dog guard, diamond brite treatment & full tank of fuel - oh and a key ring !!

All through this searching I have been looking for a car which will supply the grin factor and have some kudos, the new GTi has this in bucket loads, well worth a test drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif PROBLEM - after all this soul searching I get back into my car and it may not have the ultimate fun factor of the GTi but the interior just knocks the GTi for 6, then theres the nose with those sexy lights, the low side profile that just oozes understated sportiness - if it were a straight swap, my car for a standard Gti I would probably still consider it just to have the latest toy but there is no way I can justify the extra cash - the GTi is a superb car (oh ! apart from wind noise) but then again so is the A3, I plan to enjoy what I've got /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You know it makes sense spin!

I must admit the new golf is starting to grow on me, and a mate of mine has one, although he wanted an A3, but his company insists on 5 doors and he didn't think the Sportback was out yet!!! (Despite the fact that I have one, the fool)