Big thanks to LOBA Motorsports & Si

fuzion

Reaction score
Been a bit quiet lately as i have been away traveling and also busy with work as well as we purchased the girl a MK6 GTI where a bit of work has started on day 3 of arrival already and still going lol (new project?)

Just wanted to give a plug to LOBA Motorsports and Si for helping out with my inquiries and also providing me with the LOBA Motorsports Sach SMF Kit for my S3 8P which arrived within a week from Germany. Service & Quality a big thumbs up!

Overall i am very happy with the feel of the car now and how much better it spools up on the Stage 2+. At the same time i had my box rebuilt (2nd gear syncro died, don't ask! and no it wasnt the driver!) and removed the 3 month old dead Sachs Performance Stage 2 DMF Kit that i purchased from APS which i would not recommend to anyone after the dramas it caused and even more so after finding out further information on it. For a stage 2 plus it didn't hold up long at all even after 1700+kms driving like ms daisy run in. Disappointed with that one and the pocket $$ was as well! (But saying this, it may work for you!)

Other than that grabbed some slotted rotors, haldex service and put in the VWRacing Engine Mounts which i am surprised how smooth they are to what i had expected.

For anyone considering the SMF kit, drivability in the city (as i live 1.4km from Sydney CBD) i would highly recommend this clutch as a daily if you can live with a firmer-ish pedal and definitely grabs onto the power without an issue.

I think i am done for now, i think? Unless a certain someone sells me his OZ racing wheels!

476280_10151719437595243_647651178_o.jpg

470969_10151715004520243_756085242_24115006_590358885_o.jpg

Reactions: N8
Hi fuzion looks like this may be my next purchase , did you get the 550nm or the 600 nm, and did you do the three mounts? Is that daves bbk kit on the front...

Really glad you're pleased with that...Si and Loba gave me an enormous amount of free advice when choosing the clutch for my car,even knowing that for various reasons I may not have been able to choose one of theirs.
That,I think,speaks volumes for Si,and Loba as a company.

All 3 mounts are done yes. 550nm edition.

S3Alex, i agree with you. He was the same with me.. Glad i decided to use them in the end. But it does feel weird when i get back into the MK6 GTI as my foot goes through the wall! lol