Power Surge

Mikey's S-Line

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes, I am a new-be that has been pointed in the direction of this forum for advice due to a problem that has been causing me much grief!

You guys have probably come across the same issue so i am hoping you may help.

Over the last month or so i have been experiencing a progressive problem with the power delivery of my car, i had read a few posts with people experiencing the same problem and it all related to either the Air Mass Sensor or the EGR Valve.

I have replaced my Air Mass Sensor and for a few hours the car was running like i have never had it before, i have today just finished cleaning the EGR system out and the problem still exists!!! :mad:

just to describe the power delivery - Foot all the way to the floor and no boost until about 3000rpm, then it will boost dramatically for about 1500rpm the die down again, it happens throughout gear changes at the same time through the rev range. Eventually after about 30min of drive time it will kick into limp mode bringing the glow plug symbol up. Now the car has had a DPF Delete with a re-map and Miltek Exhaust system about a year ago so i cant imagine it its that at fault?

I am seriously out of ideas, the only thing i can now think of is either the MAP Sensor or more seriously Turbo issues but its far too intermittent to be that i would have thought.

Just to add it's the 2.0TDI 170 engine.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!