Herts Alarm Beeps

chrisb72

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone in the Hertfordshire area with VCDS who can help me deactivate my alarm bleep.

I had it switched on during my rear LED install, but now after a few loud bleeps I've had one bleep too many and I'm regretting that discission!

I can travel if needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Hi mate, sort me a drink and I'll be happy to help. I am in north London/Enfield so only down the A10 for you.

Ash, at first it sounds good but then becomes toooooo annoying!!

I am away at the moment but I am in Stevenage.

The downside to this is I have only just started to learn how to use VCDS so if you can get some instructions on what to do, then you are more than welcome to use my laptop and cable - Free of charge of course

I am back in the UK from Thursday night, and work from home so will be around all day Friday.

Last edited:
I had mine on for all of 10mins until it got really annoying, at which point i took it off imediately! lol

aww you not liking it already chris?

I've had moments of liking it, but now I'm just having a big moment of hating it!

I think I've given it long enough to decide now and it was worth a go.

Last edited:
I am away at the moment but I am in Stevenage.

The downside to this is I have only just started to learn how to use VCDS so if you can get some instructions on what to do, then you are more than welcome to use my laptop and cable - Free of charge of course

I am back in the UK from Thursday night, and work from home so will be around all day Friday.

That sounds perfect as I'm in Hitchin.

I'll PM you to arrange a suitable time, it won't be Friday as I work in central London and don't use the car to commute.

I can't remember how it was activated, but maybe someone can give clear instructions on how to do it?

Cheers

I had it on my TT and quite liked it. I'm sure it only beeped when arming though and not disarming - is this an option on the A3?

Chris, let me know about that cruise job mate, as I am ordering a few kits tomorrow for upcoming jobs, so I can order yours aswell.
Cheers.

Ahh I have this in my DIS menu. I have the lock beep active but not the unlock - not actually tried / listened to the unlock beep(s).

I've always enabled the lock beeps on previous cars. I never look for the indicators, I listen for the beep.

I don't find the unlock beeps necessary and they would probably annoy me too.

I'm pretty sure there is an option in VCDS to enable selection in the DIS, but I have not bothered to try.

I've always enabled the lock beeps on previous cars. I never look for the indicators, I listen for the beep.

I don't find the unlock beeps necessary and they would probably annoy me too.

I'm pretty sure there is an option in VCDS to enable selection in the DIS, but I have not bothered to try.
+1

That sounds perfect as I'm in Hitchin.

I'll PM you to arrange a suitable time, it won't be Friday as I work in central London and don't use the car to commute.

I can't remember how it was activated, but maybe someone can give clear instructions on how to do it?

Cheers

OK Chris, just let me know when is good for you :) It sounds like it will only take a few minutes anyhow.
:)

Hi mate, sort me a drink and I'll be happy to help. I am in north London/Enfield so only down the A10 for you.

Hi Danny, i can give you two at the George Enfield town, can this be turned on on 2004 ?

OK Chris, just let me know when is good for you :) It sounds like it will only take a few minutes anyhow.
:)

Thanks for the kind offer mate, but I'm now having cruise installed at the weekend so I can get it turned off then.

I might take you up on your offer another time though if that's ok?

Last edited:
I've enabled the unlock beeps and lets just say they lasted less than a day. I'm just gonna stick with the one beep on locking.

Where in VCDS do I have to go to enable this?

convenience module (i think thats number 47) and look for the option of locking alarm horn... something like that, cant remember the exact term off the top of my head

Ahh I have this in my DIS menu. I have the lock beep active but not the unlock - not actually tried / listened to the unlock beep(s).

Whereabout in the DIS do you ahve it? Mine is a 2011 BE but I'm pretty sure I don't have that option...?

Someone do a youtube of it so I can hear the noise it makes so I can see if I want it :D

There already is a video linked on this forum somewhere for both unlock and lock beeps.

I have just found another video on YouTube with my iPhone.
It was called "S3 8P alarm beeps"

As mentioned I think you may be able to add the function to the DIS with VCDS , but I have yet to try.

Last edited:
I just have the single locking beep. No
Need for unlocked beeps imho.

If there is anyone in the York/Leeds area who could turn off my beeps, it would be much appreciated!

I have them enabled when cruise was fitted a couple of months ago, but they are driving me mad now (especially on an evening where the sound echo's off my neighbours houses).

I can do it for you. You would need to travel to the White Rose centre and I could meet you there.

Send me a PM and we can arrange if you wish.