2009 A3 2.0 TDI DSG - Variable Service Interval Gone Crazy?

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi,

My A3 2.0 TDI DSG (2009) has started the countdown to it's next service. This is the 2nd A3 I've owned, so this is nothing new for me...... however, I only got the car serviced last summer, which doesn't seem that long ago.

Serviced 8th June 2011 @ 18642 miles. The invoice and paperwork quote a 20k mile service was carried out.

Fast forward to today and my car has completed 29433 miles, and is displaying 'Service in 7900miles/27 days).

This would approximate to my car needing a service after 14mths or 12k miles (approx). This doesn't seem right to me.

I drive her really gently most of the time, in fact still on the original back tyres so proof I don't give her a hard time.

Is the service computer correct? The 7900miles bit I would agree with, but the 27 days bit I don't. Is there a possibility this wasn't reset properly during my last service? Has anyone else ever had such an issue too?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

I think it automatically thinks its every 12 months. Mine does but then mines not on a long life service plan?? Sure someone will know.

Well my previous TDI170 didn't exhibit this behaviour, and the previous service on this car was at the 23mth mark..... so I don't think the theory stands.

Just spoken to my local Audi dealer on this matter. They are saying the car could be signalling it needs a brake fluid change (and not a service). I didn't think the service reminder was this clever. Anyone think this is genuine, or is gibberish from them?

Cheers,

Jeff