'08 Audi A3 S-Line - Lowering advice

mattyg123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As above, i'm looking at some new wheels-18"s, and i'm thinking they will look that much better if i get the car lower.

I've read to see a noticable increase on the S-line 40-50mm is the minimum you should look at.

I've seen these;
Audi A3 1.8 TFSI 03-11 H&R 45mm-50mm lowering suspension springs kit | eBay

Any good?
I'm in SW London aswell, I'd even go down the route of buying them through the garage that were fitting them to save hassle if anyone had any reccomendations?

Cheers
Matt

:iagree: Damian helped me out. the car height is spot on for me now i have the sportlines on

Yep, for an s-line if you want to see a noticeable drop you are going to have to go for springs which lower 40/50mm below standard as s-lines are already 25mm below standard.

However, if your car is quattro then you're going to be hard pushed to find springs that lower by anymore than about 5mm below s-line height.

As for buying and fitting.... if you can get down to AMD Essex (Lakeside) they will supply, fit and laser align eibach or h&r springs for £300 all in.

+3 on speak to Damien at DPM, great price (ask him about price match) and even better after sales service.

sorry to hijack, is the s3 sus set up the same as a sline set up??? just wondering, was reading Warren S3's build thread about him lowing the front only with 19's on, was wondering what would be best for a 2011 SB Black Editon tdi. wanted the front alittle lower but looking the rear seam as it could go alittle lower. dont want to drop it to much so its gonna catch or rub.

cheers