How can i 'beef up' my A3 Sportback?

rich1

Reaction score
I just think it looks a bit soft so when it is ready i want to do a few subtle mods to make it a bit less soft.. lol

It is only a 2.0tdi sportback black edition but was wondering what can be done to make it look better?

Any tips?

the black edition is nice enough lol i would love a black edition front end on my 04 but thats a diff story haha just get a set of s3 wheels
remapp and maybe some lower suspension who knows it depends on what your into m8
do u have pics
cheers

Car is still being built but it will look exactly like this.

photoqc.jpg

photo1rwu.jpg

photo4lp.jpg

photo5uf.jpg

You could put my 19 inch Speedlines ( which are for sale ) on it....:whistle2:

Not changing the wheels. They are the reason i have to wait. lol

very nice m8 just lower that ***** an get the power up lol i love me a quick diesel
peace

Roof rails are one of the things that make the sportback in my opinion:icon_thumright:

Not changing the wheels. They are the reason i have to wait. lol

Sounds like you ordered the wrong car if your looking to change it whilst it's being built!! :faint:

Not sure how you can make a Black Ed lok better without spoiling it... As N8 said though the S3 skirts look good!

Couldn't get an S3 due to a 5 door being way too expensive and extra running costs etc, just want it to look a bit more imposing at the front and back.

Gaffa tape and a machete stuck to each end should do it.

Reactions: Madpete
Did that on my M3 but didn't go down too well.

Lower it, get some spacers on there and i love gloss black roofs on white cars!

I had a similar dilemma...

I'd lower, with eibach sportlines

DSCF1574.jpg

and then change the grill to S3 black optics (this is what i did and changed the rings to white) or if you have the £££ go for a RS3 (no RS3 badge thought :no:!)

rings1.jpg

Defo agree with the above. spacers S3 skirts and roof rails in black would defo make an impression :yum:

Last edited:
Pan roof retrofit. Would love to see the dealers face when you chop it back in....

Reactions: batch
just my 0.02. N8's car is my all time favorite but I doubt you want to go for absolute perfection. Consider coilovers for perfect non reverse rake stance, change the mirror covers to black and gloss vinyl the roof to give it a hint of the panoramic roof then polish it off with a remap.

Reactions: N8
I have a Sportback Black Edition too and am planning on changing the front and side to S3 and Back and grill to RS3 .So far all i have done is the aluminium mirrors,i think they look great as they stand out from all the white and black on the car . I really want to lower it but am worried i will have warranty problems down the line :/

just my 0.02. N8's car is my all time favorite but I doubt you want to go for absolute perfection. Consider coilovers for perfect non reverse rake stance, change the mirror covers to black and gloss vinyl the roof to give it a hint of the panoramic roof then polish it off with a remap.

yep N8's is a great looking car. credit to his style, work & efforts :salute:

Last edited:
bloblob2 mate your car is one of my favourites on here. So nice :wub:

thanks lad, not done that much to it yet tbh :blush:
trying to get interior light work done, then some spacers. S3 skirts would be good but they hard to find.

not sure i've seen any that mod'ed but sure some ppl on here have done, have a look through the car pic section

I had a similar dilemma...

I'd lower, with eibach sportlines

DSCF1574.jpg

and then change the grill to S3 black optics (this is what i did and changed the rings to white) or if you have the £££ go for a RS3 (no RS3 badge thought :no:!)

rings1.jpg

Defo agree with the above. spacers S3 skirts and roof rails in black would defo make an impression :yum:

Great looking A3, just a small hijack haha, was wondering where you purchased your Eibach Sportlines from and how low (40/50mm ones?) and do you have spacers on this or not? Any info would be great thank you.... Brummieneil89

Just fitted eibach sportlines to my a3 sport,superb look with fantastic ride quality. I was shocked as I was expecting a super stiff crashy ride but honestly better than standard.Image