Orange coil light

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
This morning I have an Orange flashing light on my dash which looks like a coil.
Could someone advise me what this is? Is it the DPF light?
My car is a 2008 A3 2.0 TDI 170.

Thanks

Hi mate,

Had this come on in my car a month or so back. The light is a actually the glow plug light.

Do you have any symptoms or did the light just come on randomly?

Hi mate,

Had this come on in my car a month or so back. The light is a actually the glow plug light.

Do you have any symptoms or did the light just come on randomly?

The light just came on randomly on the way to work this morning, car seems to be acting fine (at the moment!).

It might be just your glow plugs are on the way out. My car cut out on me whilst driving (cacked myself) and this is when my coil light came on. Plugged it into VCDS and found out my Engine Speed Sensor had gone so got that changed.

Best bet is to scan it..

It might be just your glow plugs are on the way out. My car cut out on me whilst driving (cacked myself) and this is when my coil light came on. Plugged it into VCDS and found out my Engine Speed Sensor had gone so got that changed.

Best bet is to scan it..

Think i'll get it scanned but I might also get some glow plugs to be on the safe side.
How much are they? Also, are there any 'uprated' ones or should I just go for OEM?

Was the coil light flashing when you were driving?
Scan the car with VCDS.
It does not have to indicate a problem with glow plugs, can be something totally different.

Was the coil light flashing when you were driving?
Scan the car with VCDS.
It does not have to indicate a problem with glow plugs, can be something totally different.

Yes it was flashing while driving, just after I set off.

Does anyone know a reputable person in the north-east near Middlesbrough with VCDS?