Testing my Alarm

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Thought I'd test my alarm out, because in 4 months of owning the car I've never heard it go off, so I wasn't even sure it was working. The tilt sensor works great, it only has to be raised a matter of inches before the alarm sounds

But the interior motion alarm doesn't seem very sensitive. Whether I lock myself in the car and move about like a mad man, or lock the car with my windows down and stick my arms in, it seems really patchy in sensing the movement. Sometimes taking much longer than you'd expect

Is this common? Also, where is the sensor?

I think there is a gap until the alarm arms from when you press the lock button.

One of the sensors is on the over head light that sort of area.

Thanks. I thought that may be the case.... There just seemed no rhyme or reason to it. One time it went off when I touched the steering wheel, another when I stretched an arm to the glove box area, the next time it wouldn't go off no matter when I moved.... Like I said, it just seemed really patchy

Damn this sounds like fun, good point in checking it though.

Will do the same tomorrow

Mine just went off in the rain.. Never done that before!! That was some heavy old rain!!!

Is there anyway to bypass the interior alarm sensor?

They had this in the Beetle my wife used to own.. Good for when you are traveling with pets in the car.

They had this in the Beetle my wife used to own.. Good for when you are traveling with pets in the car.
There should be a button somewhere (usually bottom of a pillar) to disable the interior sensors when you leave the car and left dogs, children, friends etc in the car.

Yep, it's on the side of the drivers door. There's also a button to disable the tilt sensor. The button doesn't permanently disable it though, only until the next time you turn on the ignition, then it resets to normal. Guess you have to get into the habit of turning it off if you regularly travel with animals

44ccec0d.jpg

Ahhh... I haven't noticed the buttons there. I've only had the car for a few days so haven't gotten around to check everything.

Thanks!