Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: Security

JS3
    1st Gear

Status

Security

Hi guys, been doing a bit of research currently on alarm systems for the 2010 S3.

After I accidentally set mine off a few weeks back, I now know what a poor alarm system it is - very quiet! Not sure if anybody else feels the same way?

Anyway, what do people have installed on their cars? I would ideally like something thats integrated into the current vehicle (so no need to carry an additional key fob), perimeter monitoring and also a loud alarm sound - very basic set of needs. Can anybody suggest a system? Not looking for tracker systems or paging systems either.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    ADS

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    The Competition - Car Thief Stoppers

I've got a bollard near my driver door that I pop in and out and one in front of the vehicle as well.. I don't take the s3 out often so I'm okay leaving two bollards in the ground..

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    you can get a Viper alarm that integrates into your current keyfob with a canbus module added in. there are a host of add ons you can get for the viper alarm including the startsmart which allows you to see where your car is from your smartphone and you can start your car from the phone too.

have a look on this thread where it was discussed in detail: Viper Smartstart Remote start Released in the UK - Who's Buying One ?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    smart start is easy to hack and only makes the car more nickable imho.

you could always get creative... add a fuel kill switch under the dash... may be get a lock for the obd port... or relocate the obd port all together as well... back on the old days some theives used to walk around with a spare ecu and keys to this... theyd short the alarm... swap the ecu and make off.. the obd port is back under attack... it can be used to de-mobilize the car/start it up etc...

the aim of the game is to make life as difficult for them as possible.. slow them down as much as you can.. no one listens to an alarm going off these days.. yeh a tracker with VHF can help.. but what else can slow them down? Something like Clifford Black Jax is good.. they can drive off with the car but 2 miles away the ignition pulses down and the car stops... sadly even this can be by-passed or it may be too late if they get it under ground or into a lorry to remove it all..

laminate glass can help too..

3rd Gear

Status
    why not just flash your ECU with APR and have the ability to program a no start and have the additional benefits of better performance

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    same offerings from revo as well.. a pain to use but still uber cool.
    involves plugging into the diagnostic port each time to enable/disable the ecu.
    obviously better done in a garage/places where no one is watching etc. wouldnt want to give the game away.
    i got this as a free feature with my apr tune... now parting with that car but... i can use the cruise control to put the car into valet mode... so its not entirely bad... and the vehicle will refuse to go above 35mph and produce bags of boost. best thing i ever did including the black jaxx.