What Stage 1 Map do you S3 S-Tronic/DSG guys run?

jaydav2306

Reaction score
I know there is likely to be a big mix but in people opinions and to those that have had multiple maps which is preferred? I'm guessing the front runners would be revo, MTM, shark etc, seeing and hearing a lot of good things about shark, thoughts?

Last edited:
Shark have fixed the DSG issues they had. Makes them very good now. Value wise it's also a no brainer.

Revo is very good but is over priced as they're the market leaders.

Go shark if I were you.

Thanks bud, I know most will have issues early on in development, I'm looking for something that's not too agreesive but nice power when I need it so think shark could be the way forward

Running Shark with DSG torque limiter patch.
Car goes like stink, great VFM.

REVO is very good too, but expensive by comparison.

N8 sorted me out with Shark.

Good Luck

No worries, thanks, are you a dealer for shark?

Just giving my 2 pennies worth here. I have a had 2 S3's both being non-DSG. Newest one was 2 days old with 180 miles on the clock when I mapped her. Had tried afew other maps before going with Shark which were all descent but the Shark map IMO is the best value for money and boosts power to appprox 310bhp. Now that Shark have perfected the DSG map it's an awesome combo.

Reactions: jaydav2306
Gotta be shark then buddy.

Bluefin are supposed to be ok too but I having never experienced it I can't comment.

Shark works well. Smooth and continuous power.

Id like to add, the DSG map they offer is very much needed. I'm saving up the pennies for it. it's in the wrong gears all the time. I find it forever being in 6th at silly slow speeds and then the slightest touch of the loud pedal it's down 2 gears and I'm off.

So for now I use manual mode quite alot. say 95% of the time.

the dsg map will sort this. :) can't wait to do it.

The DSG ECU has to be mapped also to compensate for the increase in power of the remap. If not done then the torque limiter on the DSG kicks down the power so you dont get the whole performance increase

Ok cool I think I understand now, so there's a map and a separate dsg map, I use the tip/paddles almost all the time unless I'm just cruising to be honest but the dsg map is something I'd look at

that's right mate, the dsg box automatically keeps the torque to a certain limit. the dsg map raises this limit so hey presto more toque ie POWER :)

Reactions: jaydav2306
The DSG map does make normal driving better. It will not go into 6th at 30mph. 40mph is where 6th comes in. Only issue is 35mph where it can sometimes be up an down! Lol. True manual mode is awesome. Foot planted and no auto change up :) rev limit at 7300 rpm. But it does make for a better drive in D mode as the gear change rev points are changed. With me being on Notts. ring road most of my life it does help. 30mph in 6th is ludicrous. Lol.
The only time I hate D mode is around corners and islands. Still likes to change gear at silly times. Paddles and manual mode ftw! ;)

If you want a true custom map, with your car mapped on a rolling road with before and after plots then try mrctuning.com - they squeezed 324ps out of mine on a stage 1 map. Super smooth and they also revise the torque limit without having to pay for a DSG map.