Badger5EM Tuning
    NME
    1st Gear

Status

Help with error after installing puddle lights

Hi all,

I recently purchased the looms from RobinA3 on this forum to enable me to retro-fit the footwell lights and pudddle lights/warning lights to my 2007 S3.

Whilst I was there, I also decided to wire in the illuminated door handles ready for when the actual handle housing arrives later in the week.

Ok, so the footwell lights worked fine, no problems - installed as per Robins Guide.

The Puddle lights were also installed as per Robins guide, using pin 2 as the earth and pin 1 as the supply.

I have used the earth on pin 2 for both the illuminated door handles and puddle lights.

When installing the illuminating door handles, at first, the passenger door puddle lights/warning lights would not switch on and showed an electrical fault in VCDS.

I thought this may be as I had installed the wiring, connected it to the door controller (supply pin 14 and the earth pin 2 which it shares with the puddle lights) but not connected the diode, so I connected this, and the puddle lights worked!

I have not yet enabled the illuminated door handle option in VCDS, but it still shows an intermittent electrical fault in VCDS.

Don't get me wrong, everything works so far that I wanted to install, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest why this is showing a fault, and if they know of a solution?

When I enabled the illuminated door handle option in VCDS, it still showed an intermittent electrical fault in the door relating to the puddle lights....

Hopefully not a massive issue, and I would be interested to hear if I am the only one who has experienced this.
    Last edited by NME; 16th July 2012 at 20:42.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    For future reference this issue was solved by plugging in the LED light for the door handle which cleared the fault code.