Engine Misfire

eggman

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my 2004 AUDI A3 2.0 FSI. The engine has been misfiring, by this I mean it judders only on start up from cold and after driving for a while there are no apparant problems. It seems to be worse under load (going up a hill).

I have been to AUDI and they replaced the coil packs for free as they said it was part of some warrantly recall. After they did this it was ok for a few days and then I started getting the misfire again and the emission control light came back on.

I took it back to AUDI and the diagnostics came back as saying that there 'might' be a problem with the fuel injectors and that the Lambda sensor 'might' need replacing. If they had said they definately know it was the injectors then I would go ahead and get the work done but they want a lot of money to first investigate if it is that and then a load more to replace them.

Would faulty injectors cause these symptoms?...wouldnt I experience the misfire all the time and not only at start up?

Would a faulty Lambda sensor cause these symptoms?

After googling the problem I have tried putting fuel injector/ fuel additive in the petrol but it hasn't helped.

Thanks