8P 2009+ S-LINE & SPORT FRONT FOG LIGHT. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE B/T THEM

shady-ninja

Reaction score
Are the fog lights the same or different.
Any help is welcome.
see the pictures below.

S-LINE BUMPER.
s-line.jpg

s-line2.jpg

SPORT BUMPER
IMG_20120326_180347.jpg

IMG_20120326_180407.jpg

they are all the same, as the 8p3 sline / s3 fog all of the led facelift utilise that same foglight

If you look on ebay u can see the same part numbers for all A3's and S3's.

Yep the fog lights themselves are the same, just different grilles covering them up...

Sorry for hi-jacking but what is this bumper? just a regular bumper, non-sport non-sline?

Which is my facelift bumper as long as I find a damaged CHEAP se bumper :D

Thats very nice to hear that! :D

But if mine is S-line, what is the above, the first picture one in white with black grille?

[ I know you got tired from me these days Phil BUT do you have the part numper for the cap of the hole on my s-line bumper? :D ]

Thats very nice to hear that! :D

But if mine is S-line, what is the above, the first picture one in white with black grille?

[ I know you got tired from me these days Phil BUT do you have the part numper for the cap of the hole on my s-line bumper? :D ]

That's an S3 bumper

Oh damn! :D the OP wrote S-line,so I never thought about it again :))

Thks

Actually, I think i'm wrong. It is an S-Line bumper.

This is a S3 bumper
4542794242.jpg

So there are 2 types of S-line bumpers?

Mine and the first picture one?

It would appear so. Maybe the spec in your country is slighltly different to that in the UK?

So you are saying these are identical Facelift front bumpers?

They don't appear to be...look at the fog light grills
97687466.jpg

s-line.jpg

This shows it better:

Standard:

mediaid952481760.jpg

S-line:

mediaid956428374.jpg

Now look at the bumper's shape, around the fog grilles in particular... there is a lip on the s-line bumper whereas the standard bumper is totally smooth.
The whole fog grille cut-out is a different shape.

Good research Ads. I thought those 2 in my last post were not the same. :icon_thumright:

Nope, the fog grilles not interchangeable. The standard and s-line bumpers are different.

shouldve elabourated, there are more fog grills in each design ie chrome no chrome availible for each bumper

shouldve elabourated, there are more fog grills in each design ie chrome no chrome availible for each bumper

Yep, but you've got to treat the standard and s-line pictured above as totally separate. Just as you would with an S3 grille etc.

this is gonna end up like the old rear bumper discussion thread :D

I still have nightmares about this. :sos:

Out of interest. Does the grille from an s-line bumper fit a sport bumper and vice versa?

Ever thought of getting the Black Edition, S3 or Titantium S3 grille for that Zak? Would look nice with the brilliant black colour. Doing the same with mine at the moment. PM me if you are interested.

Out of interest. Does the grille from an s-line bumper fit a sport bumper and vice versa?

No.

Think of the different models like this:

Standard/SE/Sport all use the same front bumper, therefore all fog grilles will be interchangeable between each.

S-line uses a different front bumper so only s-line fog grilles will fit.

S3 uses a different front bumper so only S3 fog grilles will fit.

Or are you talking about the main radiator grille???

all the facelift centre grills including s3 and rs are compatible with all the bumpers from the facelift

assuming you mean the centre grill

No.

Think of the different models like this:

Standard/SE/Sport all use the same front bumper, therefore all fog grilles will be interchangeable between each.

S-line uses a different front bumper so only s-line fog grilles will fit.

S3 uses a different front bumper so only S3 fog grilles will fit.

Or are you talking about the main radiator grille???

Sorry pal, should have made myself clearer. I meant the centre Grille that the number plate fits too :)

all the facelift centre grills including s3 and rs are compatible with all the bumpers from the facelift

assuming you mean the centre grill

Yes I do mean the centre grille...thanks :)

So you are saying these are identical Facelift front bumpers?

They don't appear to be...look at the fog light grills
[-]The top bumper looks to be either a replica or foreign[/-] (edit: it's a standard\sport)! The car has LED headlights, but there doesn't appear to be any washers - which are fitted to all cars with factory LED's. The bottom one is the same as my '09 S Line ...again, minus the washer caps, so not for LED lights.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely mate, would love the Titanium S3 grille. Nice little mod and not too pricey. You almost done yours? Think il hold out though, starting a new job soon so might be upgrading to BE S-Line, PCP permitting :kiss:

Think it means Special Edition. Correct me if Im wrong but the models go Standard>Technik>SE>Sport>S-Line>S3 ;)

Think it means Special Equipment to be honest in terms of Audi and BMW etc... The SE models always had more toys on them over the standard models...