Drivers side window

paulr62

Reaction score
I am having issues with the drivers side window on my A3 Sportback. I can lower it with one press of the button but I cannot raise it the same way. I have to hold it until it is closed. I have tried completely closing it and opening it again several times but it still isn't working. I have a VagCom cable so if I need to do any programming I can. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thanks,

Paul

Have you tried closing the window fully, releasing the window button, and then pressing it in the close direction again and holding for a few seconds?
Do the same for opening as well. This should reset it and enable one touch open/close again.

Will go out to the carpark and try it now and report back. Thanks

Just tried it. Unfortunately it still isn't working :(

Just to add, the passenger and rear windows work perfectly just not the one that I use the most

You could try disconnecting your battery and reconnecting, and then try the reset procedure again. You will need to do it on all windows though.

The car has just had a new cylinder head fitted and the window did not work before or after. I believe the battery would have been disconnected while the engine was out.

Are they easy to swap. If so I will swap the front and rear switches over.

The car has just had a new cylinder head fitted and the window did not work before or after. I believe the battery would have been disconnected while the engine was out.

Worth trying it again. Only a 1 minute job and that way you can rule it out.

Don't have a spanner in work to remove the battery. Will try when I get home

I have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and still no luck. I think it might be a faulty switch :( anyone know a good place to buy a replacement?

Turn the ignition on and hold the button 'up' till the window is fully closed, while still holding the button turn the ignition off & remove the key. Wait 5 seconds & release the button. Then put the key back in & test it again, this happens every other day with my drivers side switch for no reason & it's ****** annoying!

Turn the ignition on and hold the button 'up' till the window is fully closed, while still holding the button turn the ignition off & remove the key. Wait 5 seconds & release the button. Then put the key back in & test it again, this happens every other day with my drivers side switch for no reason & it's ****** annoying!

Still not working unfortunately