How cool is this.. PLASTI DIPPING YOUR CAR!!!

looks pretty satisfying to peel off! :thumbsup:

Reactions: ilim
looks pretty satisfying to peel off! :thumbsup:

I just want to spray stuff in plasti.. away to order like 10 cans in different colours and spray my house, Neighbors cars and even their dogs.. haha that would be fun, u can get fluorescent colors...

thats pretty cool, wonder what it would actually look like if you mixxed the colours up?

I saw a guy on YouTube cover the whole of his A4. I've used the Matt Black with the Metaliser to cover up the horrible wooden door trim in my A3.

I've done some centre caps for my wheels
from this
9ac213f2.jpg

to this
33b5440d.jpg

and finally
588a8970.jpg
Just need to find time to fit them, and then I've got a tin of black to spray my chrome grill surround. Don't think I'd do the whole car though. Wicked stuff, and the peeling is very therapeutic.

I did my grill, two/three because it peeled off quite easilly.
Was easy to apply and looked amazing for the first coupe of weeks and then it started to peel away at the inside edges and looked terrible.

I brought the primer and glossifier by mistake thinking it was in a spray can too but infact you will need a spray gun.
When I tried to return it they didn't want to know and assured me that it can be painted on with a brush just as easilly as using a spray.

Bulshiz, I had to buy primer from Halfords and the glossifier melts the plastidip completely away if applied by brush so had to then apply a 3rd time.

Although the plastidip may work out better for others, I have to say in all honestlly that they gave the WORST customer service I have ever had.

So for my opinion, and my experience I will never use it again or reccomend it.

Feels good to vent!

Reactions: Simon66
Wow! Glow in the dark roof anyone?!

I wonder if they do a clear coat of glow in the dark paint. So it can't be seen in the day, but at night it glows.....

Let me get this straight to use this :

PlastidipAreosolBlack.jpg

You would also need this ? :

Plastidip_Primer__500ml_Can_Clear1.jpg

That's where we got it from but for the florescent pack and glossifier you need a sprayer

I'm just about to order a sprayer and some products.
I got a car and 12 wheels to dip.

I did my grill, two/three because it peeled off quite easilly.
Was easy to apply and looked amazing for the first coupe of weeks and then it started to peel away at the inside edges and looked terrible.

I brought the primer and glossifier by mistake thinking it was in a spray can too but infact you will need a spray gun.
When I tried to return it they didn't want to know and assured me that it can be painted on with a brush just as easilly as using a spray.

Bulshiz, I had to buy primer from Halfords and the glossifier melts the plastidip completely away if applied by brush so had to then apply a 3rd time.

Although the plastidip may work out better for others, I have to say in all honestlly that they gave the WORST customer service I have ever had.

So for my opinion, and my experience I will never use it again or reccomend it.

Feels good to vent!

Do you still have the primer and glossifier?

Let me get this straight to use this :

PlastidipAreosolBlack.jpg

You would also need this ? :

Plastidip_Primer__500ml_Can_Clear1.jpg

Nope.

You can get away with just using the spry on its own.

If you use the primer you wont be able to peel the plasti dip off.
I would forget the primer unless you're doing parts of the car where you want it to stay for ever. Like suspension parts, arms, bumpers or inside wheel arches for a bit of protection.

Sold the primer and glossifier on.

If you buy primer from them you will need a spray gun because it is liquid.

I used primer on my grill this time as it came away so easilly last time, even after 5-6 coats.

It looked pefect once I had finished it, this is what it looks like now.
Starting to peel up in the corners again, this is how it starts.

But it depends what you are going to use it for, the grill is tricky, lots of corners and edges. Im not happy with it anyway.

DSC02708.jpg

Whats ur plans?

In short, Paint stuff.

Short term, I want to paint my wheels. I was going to do it all by tins, then thought about the GTI and how bad that paint work is and thought i'd coat in in plasti dip. was going to wrap it but this seems more fun and nice little thing to get in to. Everyone wraps now.

Long term, see where it goes.

In short, Paint stuff.

Short term, I want to paint my wheels. I was going to do it all by tins, then thought about the GTI and how bad that paint work is and thought i'd coat in in plasti dip. was going to wrap it but this seems more fun and nice little thing to get in to. Everyone wraps now.

Long term, see where it goes.

Would be cool to get a carbon fibre plasti dip. I know they do camo etc. now that's an idea. :)

Wish i had a garage! I would do the E46 in matt black

I saw a guy on YouTube cover the whole of his A4. I've used the Matt Black with the Metaliser to cover up the horrible wooden door trim in my A3.

Hi Adam, do you have any pictures of this?

Thanks

uber cool on the right car... some dck wad around here has it on his a4... ridiculous huge alloys, tints, slammed to the ground.. and it looks hideous to say the least...

it would wash though would it? im assuming that if u ever got it scratched or a bird pooped on it youd be done?

interested to see how it comes up on the wheels, and how it lasts more to the point as was gonna get mine refurbed

Hi Ian, I will take some pictures first thing tomorrow. Was really easy to do and much cheaper then sourcing piano black/aluminium inlays.

interested to see how it comes up on the wheels, and how it lasts more to the point as was gonna get mine refurbed

I did half of a wheel and then ran out of paint.
It started to come up ok.
The flaking paint and chips did not effect it to much. You can see the height difference but due to only 2 coats its hard to tell how it will full do after 4-6 coats.

The only down side to plasti dip that I can tell is cleaning it.
Cause its rubber you can't really use a normal sponge/cloth cause the bits will stick to it and you'd spend ages trying to pick all the bits out.
You can jet wash it though.

Don't see the point making some nice shiny paint work dull, horrible and dirty looking myself.

Adam cheers that looks really smart.

Thanks for the reply!

do these wall paint sprays really work well i mean blocking and drip when constantly sprayed ie does it need a break every 5 secs lol
cheers