Looking at 2nd hand 2009 S3 advice please?

mephisto

Reaction score
Ok lookin at checking out a 2nd hand S3 tomorrow.

A few reservations but it seemed like a good ish deal. When i spoke to the garage they didnt really know for starters what optional extras it had, apart from knowing it did NOt have satnav which is no biggy as i see some RNS-E retrofit deals around.

Thing is i dont quite know what to look for myself, my old s3 is 2000 and im not aware of the latest and handy to have extras and what to look for. IE lights i gather Xenon are standard but anything else. What about comfort light pack etc. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Im a little puzzled about them not knowing the full spec?! I ran a hpi check on it. But dont have the Vin which i guess i could used to check what it actually has with an Audi dealer?

Anyway yes any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mate,

I have also bought a 2009 S3 in the last month the one that's my avatar pic, I wasn't sure on a lot of these things either, mine was in warranty still so had it thoroughly checked over and then had a few bits done on warranty, cracked armrest replaced and a leaky washer bottle. I'm guessing if it doesn't have rnse then you won't have Bluetooth phone? I found a spec sheet in the owners guide that had all the extras listed from factory. On the tick sheet mine said

Ipod connection
tinted windows
bluetooth phone prep
sat nav
piano black inserts
Black optics pack grill etc
factory black y spoke alloys etc etc

So worth seeing if they have that check sheet in the owners book, not sure what else mine had I know it had DRL but not sure how to spot any other "packs" it might have.

How many miles and what kind of deal are you looking at?

Some great help so far thanks! Yeah will ask to see if that sheet is in the handbook. Good tip. Err its done just over 50 on a 58 plate and asking about 16k for it.
Supposedly good inside n out just some stone chips on the front all wheels etc in good condition. Recently serviced by Audi in May. All i have to go on.

Seems like a reasonable price, guessing as long as it has the service history, should have had a haldex oil and filter at 39K so make sure that's done, I know when I bought mine I had a million questions for the sales guy lol

Mate where is this car? Can you PM me the vrm please as I have a funny feeling I might have looked at it?

Seems like a reasonable price, guessing as long as it has the service history, should have had a haldex oil and filter at 39K so make sure that's done, I know when I bought mine I had a million questions for the sales guy lol

Yeah and thats the thing im used a salesman but these guys seemed to know **** all about the car considering. If i was selling it id know the ****ing spec at least? When i enquired he ran outside and started trying to describe what he could see :eek:/ ***.

ok checked it out today long drive for me and a waste o time :( heavy stone chips on whole of front looked like it had been driven at Mach5 everywhere.
Some unheard of brand of tyres on all 4 corners
Paint run on rear tailgate.
scratches to driver door, light but respray.
on 55k and 600miles to next service
No paperwork for what actual spec there car was and the guy was selling it for a car salesman who wasnt there and had no other information.
No satnav (booo!)
Should of known better!

So even though i reckon i could of got an 09 (facelift) 58plate S3 for 15.5k i estimated the following

Satnav RNS-E upgrade 800?
4New tyres 700?
Service up to 1100?
Respray front + door 600?

And it will still have 55k on the clock for a 58plate compared to what i see out there hmm.

There is a lovely looking black S3 for sale in a little garage near me in Glossop. Think its 16,995 from memory and sure its a 10 plate. Keep lookin at it every time I drive past. Don't know where you are though compared to me. Keep hinting to my wife that were having one next. Ha.

Last edited:
If i pm someone a few links in trader etc could they help me with what they think the car is worth?

There is a lovely looking black S3 for sale in a little garage near me in Glossop. Think its 16,995 from memory and sure its a 10 plate. Keep lookin at it every time I drive past. Don't know where you are thought compared to me. Keep hinting to my wife that were having one next. Ha.

Oh really? Is it black? Im after black with Satnav 09 or so facelift. Oh and flat bottom wheel would be nice. Any more details thanks?!

Oh really? Is it black? Im after black with Satnav 09 or so facelift. Oh and flat bottom wheel would be nice. Any more details thanks?!

Not too sure about more details pal, and to be honest I've never actually taken note of the full garage name but I'm sure its Richmonds and its in Glossop. Its defo black though and was there yesterday so still for sale not been there that long, looks wicked, but not looked inside.

Its a touch too far for me to walk pal otherwise I'd have popped down there for you and had a nosey.