RNS-E Blank Screen

XPOWER

Reaction score
My RNS-E (2007 model) has developed a fault where the screen does not display anything.
The radio switches on but no logo appears or station listings.

There doesn't seem to be any power going to the screen at all.

It happened once this week but it started working again but now it is just stays blank.

Are these units serviceable or do I have to buy a new one?

Thanks for the offer.

Yes the screen comes down. I think it looks like a loose connection or a circuit has failed.
But I don't feel confidant taking it apart.

Does the screen come on though as it comes down? would indicate its a loose connection, Otherwise if the circuit boards failed would need replacing. Not sure where would repair, prob worth a google though for places that repair them?

It says blank when it comes down as well.
Ok will have search.
I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

They are a bit.
Will drop them an email over the weekend to see if they can give me a better quote than the prices they have there.

It's been blank all the way to work today but it was ok for most of the drive back apart from a few time going blank and being ok again randomly. So I think your right Jonny It seems to be some kind of connection problem.

I phoned the local dealerand they said a software upgrade would solve this issue. Seeing I've had the car for 5 years and there has been no issues I don't think it is.

I asked how much it would cost for a sofware upgrade and it was £54!! I guess it's only putting a cd in the player and waiting for it to run. But if it doesn't work I don't need to pay or more likely it would be £54 off the price of actually them fixing it.
I'm glad Microsoft doesn't charge £54 per update.

Is it running the latest software?

20120713_165212.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while since my screen packed-in but I finally got around to sending it off to be fixed.
I sent it to SatNav Systems of Surry.
Within two days of sending it they diagnosed the fault and telephoned me with a quote for a replacement Screen Electronics Board.

The total cost was £258 including the shipping it back to me.
I had the unit returned in a week of sending it to them.

So I was very happy with their level of service and the no obligation quote that they offered.