Excessive tyre noise toyo t1r

Pkripper

Reaction score
Hi I have an a3 8p sport back that I fitted eibach sportline springs on and a set of 18 inch bbs wheels fitted with toyo t1r 225x40 tyres. Problem is that I am getting excessive road noise from tyres when the road surface changes to a rougher surface and also changing speed. Have had a read up on line and apparantly tyre tread pattern makes a differene to tyre noise.

Has anyone else experienced excessive tyre noise from toyo tyres or any other tyre? Am considering buying new tyres if it would help.

Ive already bought T1Rs whenever I have needed to change tyres. Never had an issue with them all. Saying that, currently not needed to change tyres on my A3 yet, but on other cars the tyres seemed awesome.

Could also be your tyre pressure?
I have alot a noise when running 34 at the front, it goes a lot quieter when I use 36.

Tread pattern and different compounds do make a difference to tyre noise.

I have R1Rs on mine and they are noisier than the PS3s they replaced,but some tyres like the F1Assys do combine good grip and low noise for instance.

I have had Toyo T1R's before and there was slightly louder road compared to the Michelin ps3's I had on previously

Unfortunately better grip does = more tyre noise generally as there is more friction.