Can this be repaired?

Goonas

Reaction score
very long shot I guess - I am guessing it needs a dash replacement ... but what was the person fitting this thing thinking of, by putting it in that location !!

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Mate, that has been factory fitted, same location as mine and many others uproar around 2007/08 I think. Then Audi decided to relocate in the arm rest if you have one.
I prefer it on the dash IMHO, ease of use I suppose.

Best to find one of the companies that buy ex-police cars as they are dab handy at this type of thing. My mate bought an ex pursuit 850R Volvo.......it had numerous gadgets fitted to the inside of it but the company he bought it from did a great job in repairing and making the holes disappear. Im sure they heat up the plastic to the point where its maleable and then they kinda stretch it back into shape so as to cover the hole and then let it cool down. Its worth a shot....all constabularies will have afew companies that they offload the older vehicles to.

What is that thing? Why buy the car if you didn't like it?

It's a phone holder.

1. I didn't realise the hole behind it was that large.
2. An item like this wouldn't put me off buying a car, anyway, with all other things considered.

Reactions: discostu49
If your gonna keep it then I have an old cradle if you want it. Its the old Nokia one but still gives you access to the voice commands etc etc. when connected to Bluetooth and looks alot better than just the block on the dash.

has anybody the link for the iphone cradle? does it fix on to this unit? i have the same and have been using the blutooth feature in the rns-e but drains battery to quick

There are a few companies out that that claim to repair dash holes and seat burns etc.. never tried them myself, so best do some research on them first.

ChipsAway – Car Interior Upholstery and Trim Repair

Best to find one of the companies that buy ex-police cars as they are dab handy at this type of thing. My mate bought an ex pursuit 850R Volvo.......it had numerous gadgets fitted to the inside of it but the company he bought it from did a great job in repairing and making the holes disappear. Im sure they heat up the plastic to the point where its maleable and then they kinda stretch it back into shape so as to cover the hole and then let it cool down. Its worth a shot....all constabularies will have afew companies that they offload the older vehicles to.

Thank you both for this :)