Researching as looking to buy soon. Questions.

LOCUST

Reaction score
Hi all. My first post
Im looking to buy an 8p soon so have plenty of questions.

I will be hoping to get when I find one a 2005 / 2006 2.0t or 3.2 Quattro with a dsg box. Undecided yet.
Def s line trim. Then I'll be modding it as I see fit.

The thing I notice while looking is the varying body kit levels on the s line.
Some look very plain indeed and some look pretty mean like an s3.
I've done my research and know what's involved with switching to an s3 front and it's a little out my league.

So my question is what body mods can be done that will make it look meaner with out major bodywork.

I see a lot have front splitters on. Are these standard on s line models as some I've seen haven't got them.
Also the side skirts and rear bumper valance. Are these available and easy to fit if I can't find a car with these on.

Sorry for the long post I'm just starting out in the world of Audi and there is so much to find out !!!

Cheers
N

Hi there,

Good choice on car brw! I'd go with 2.0 tfsi quattro! In regards to kit the sline around 2005 had the dealer option to have the vortex front and rear splitter I believe hence why some do and some dont, heres a pic of mine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey.

Mate your a star that's exactly the sort of info I need to get started. Nice car.

I'd like mine to look similar then put some rs4 wheels on.

So would I be able to source them parts and with with not much trouble ?

Without too much trouble around 100 quid I reckon for the front not sure about the rear but they are cheap I think there was a front on the classifieds on here not long back

Locust, the thing with the Slines of those years (2005-2006) is that some had the original kit which looked like the basic sport version and the later ones came with the actual Sline bumpers and kit as they were introduced on the late 55 plate cars.

as James has posted he has a 2005 which has the sport bumpers (rub strips on bumper) but then he has the add on Votex kit

here is the standard sport bumper that you would expect to see on 2005 S-Line models:

23_audi_a3_2005_03_b.jpg

here is the S-Line kit on some 55 plate A3's and from then on:

Audi_A3_S-line_06.jpg

The rear is much the same too, the earlier models look standard where the later 55 plates came out with the 'new' S-Line kit:

standard:

Audi-A3_2.0_TDI_3-door_2005_800x600_wallpaper_0d.jpg

'new' Sline:

ag_07a3_rear.jpg

there are no skirts part of the sline kit regardless of what they advertise... they do have 's-line' sills (kick plates) though.

The splitter you mentioned is from a SEAT Cupra which fits straight on, used to be £20 from the SEAT dealers but now they have pushed the price up to double that since they are so much in demand now.
This is a pic of the S-Line bumper on mine before i fitted the splitter:

DSCN2019.jpg

and here is the SEAT splitter fitted on my A3:

7860f6eb.jpg

Hope that helps you...

I nearly got it right ha ha! It's a good forum this lots of helpful people on here who know there stuff.. Great write up Ash :)

Agreed this is a great place. These posts have been immensely helpful guys.
At least I know the basics of the models.

So what skirts are available that are reasonably easy to fit ? And pics would be great too lol.
There is some cracking cars on here.

jamesO is yours actually a s-line???
just looks like a sport with votex kit to me that someone has fitted s-line badges to??

Any way back on topic there are S3 skirts, Votex skirts and oettinger skirts take your pick!
My car is the same setup as jamesO with the full votex kit fitted from new however mine is a sport model and dark blue
I would suggest finding a highly specced sport then you can make it look however you want.

Last edited:
So you have the S3 Skirts or the Votex ones for the genuine types.

it slightly varies on the 3 and 5 door but the S3 ones are mega hard to find and cost a fair bit.

Standard, Sport or Sline (no skirt):

media

S3 Skirt:

audi-a3-blue.jpg

Votex Skirt:

8p9071685.jpg

6297476335_b3e7143482_z.jpg