Cheaper Audi servicing

Amchlolor

Reaction score
I've already mentioned this in the '1st service' thread,but It could get lost in there,so I feel it warrants it's own thread.

There was a report on R2 the other day,where a car magazine ( I think Autoexpress ) did an investigation into servicing your car in France.

One example they stated was an Audi (model not specified) which was serviced at a French Audi dealer for around 1/3 of the cost of a UK dealer.
The owner of the car was able to take the ferry,get the car serviced,have a nice meal and fill it with cheap booze for less than he would have paid for the service alone in the UK !

I can't find a link to the specific article,but I did find this.

http://www.day-tripper.net/shoppingcarservicetyres.html

Obviously this will only really be of interest/benefit to those of you living in the South of England,but there you go.

Interesting. My neighbour take shis Renault over for servicing, but I'd never thought Audi Fr would be so much cheaper.

Kev.

I'm sure the figures mentioned on the radio were £135 for a service that would have cost well over £300 here.
No Audi model or type of service specifically mentioned though.
Labour costs given as the major difference.

just posted this on the other thread without reading this!!! oops.
Planning a trip to le Touquet next week so i'll keep my eyes peeled... i'd do it.

This is a extract from the article in Auto Express...

"That's what we did with our long-term Audi A6 3.0 TDI. With the Channel crossing fare included we were still quids in. Local dealer Victoria Audi in London wanted a staggering £368 for the A6s first check-up. The price at East Kent Audi in Canterbury was £68 less - but with a P+O offering a return ferry crossing to Calais at on £20, we decided to it was worth checking some prices in France.

We chose Auto Expo in Dunkerque - 15 minutes from Calais - to combine the work with a day at the beach."

They don't actually say what price they paid only that they saved nearly £170.

As it was a diesel they could also fill up with diesel in France where last week it was about 73p per litre.

The full article can be viewed here: page one page two

Not when I was travelling back from Austria last Sunday. It's true it was a autoroute service station, but as they list the price on signs along the autoroute there were all about the same - EUR 1.09 per litre which with the credit card exchange rate I was getting of 1.493 EUR to the £ works out to be 73p per litre.

In Germany it was 74p/litre and in Austria 63p/litre.

Well it's gone up alot in the last 18 months then - surprised the French have not done fuel blockades again, unless ofcourse it's all linked ot the rising (massive) cost of oil as opposed to tax.

Kev.

Thinking about it the exchange rate used to be closer to 1.5, even was at 1.6 for a while, I think the diesel used to be E0.9 at Shell in Calais, so all in all probably was alot cheaper a couple of years back.

I remember when it only cost £22 to fill the car up... god I feel old.

Kev.

My brother has a cottage in France and goes out the 2 or 3 times a year and he was surpised that diesel had gone up as much since he was last there at Easter. He reconds that it was around 61p then.

The exchange rate on my credit card varied from 1.493 on 12 /6, 1.507 on 22/6 and 1.492 on 26/6.

That's not a bad rate at the moment mate. I live about 5 miles from the Channel Tunnel and get crossings for £9 a time. When I had the Diesel I was over 2-3 times a month after work just to fill up and get some shopping.

Since swapping for a petrol I've not really noticed the Diesel prices. So I'm surprised how much they have gone up.

Kev.