New HU or Aux Input Adaptor - which is best option

Nanz

Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly, sorry if this thread is in the wrong section as I know there is a ICE section, mods feel free to move it.

I just purchased my first Audi! Its a 2006 SLine A3 with what I assume is the Concert II headunit with BOSE audio system (has a CD Player). What I am looking for is the best option in order to connect a MP3 player (with a audio jack and an optional iPod connection) to this. Note I do not have controls on the steering wheel.

I know there are a couple of possible options:
  1. Add an adaptor such as the Denison or the Connects 2
  2. Replace the headunit with an aftermarket headunit.
From what I have read, but I am not 100% convinced is that to replace the head unit will be quite a major job because of the installed Bose system. Does anyone know the installation cost for something like this?

I have been reading through this forum all weekend and am still undecided on which path to take. Basically I want to know what the best value for money option is?

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

I'm very happy with my setup.

MK2 RNS + AMI, plug in the iPhone and I have 3000 songs on shuffle. Full control on the RNS, and works with BT as well. Highly recommend it, you can have all this supplied and installed by NHN, which is what I did.

N8

I should of specified that my Concert II unit is a Single DIN. I don't think the RNS will fit unless I convert to Double Din.

Get it converted to Double Din and get the RNS-E, awesome bit of kit.

I'd also recommend a Dension Kit - works fine with the stereo and supports Aux/iPod support with full text display on the Stereo/DIS.

N8, can you please tell me what the total cost was for your installation?

Small question for people with the Denison bluetooth unit. Does the adapter use steering wheel controls for receiving calls and viewing phone book with symphony II+?

2007 sportback 140 tdi. Some gizmos, Auto lights, electric mirrors, parking sensors, anti dazzle rear view mirror, MFSW and Bose... But no bluetooth or iPod connection which needs sorting. Don't want RNSE as the symphony II+ is quite smart