Would they really do this?

CornRattle

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I kept getting a seatbelt warning on the dash, as the S3 was still under warranty I took it to the stealers and it came back fine (no more warnings)
Yesterday I was giving the car a good hoover and slid the driver seat fully back and saw the plastic cover under the seat, being ever so nosey I took the cover off and saw that a lead was not connected. There was only 1 possible place for it to go and so thinking I may have dislodged it taking the cover off I plugged it back in and thought no more of it.

Drove the car a couple of hours later and you guessed it the ****** seatbelt warning comes back on. Surely the stealers 'fix' wasn't just to unplug the warning system?

lol. bodging buggers.

same as when the micro switch on the bonnet catch goes wrong stopping the wipers working below 5 mph. they just unplug the micro switch!

afterall then it reads the same open circuit as it does when the bonnet is shut....... just like the open circuit your central electrics ecu is seeing by the buckle micro switch being unplugged.

go a winge at them, tell them you want a new buckle out of them!

I'd take it back and shove it in their cake hole!!!!

It should have been fixed properly, not a half ***** way.

cheeky buggers.

Isn't the operation of this system now checked until the new MOT, presumably causing it to fail?

no, as using vcds you can recode the ecu to disable the seat belt warning anyway. so seeing the warning not working isnt unusual and could be on purpose.

Update on this:
Mr Angry (me) phones the stealers on Monday to complain that this so called fix was carried out, service manager claims he just can't believe it.
So Mr Angry says "fine, I'll get hold of Audi UK to see what they have to say about it"
Low and behold same service manager phones Mr Angry yesterday to say that if I bring the car in today the problem will be rectified to Mr Angry's complete satisfaction.
:icon_thumright:

review-very-good.gif

You really shuldn't have to threaten calling the manufacturer though, and I never understand why the service people refuse to believe it when you call back about a fault they've supposedly recitifed... do they think people just sit about thinking of **** to complain about that doesn't need fixing?

I for one see going to the dealers as a huge inconvenience, so I don't go unless I actually need to, work it out servcie advisor geniuses!!!

I can believe it.
Once had a VW dealer take a dremmel to my centre console to stop the ash tray sticking.

I took it back, asked the Service Manager to come to the car, ponted at the handy work and said absolutely nothing.
He was so embarassed he had a Tech take the centre console cartridge from a new car on the forecourt and fit it to mine as I waited.

The fact that some clown thought I wouldnt notice was the worst part....:think:

I can believe it.
Once had a VW dealer take a dremmel to my centre console to stop the ash tray sticking.

I took it back, asked the Service Manager to come to the car, ponted at the handy work and said absolutely nothing.
He was so embarassed he had a Tech take the centre console cartridge from a new car on the forecourt and fit it to mine as I waited.

The fact that some clown thought I wouldnt notice was the worst part....:think:

Mate that's awful! nice new console though! this is exactly why I would rather go elsewhere. dealers is the last resort.

Update on this:
Mr Angry (me) phones the stealers on Monday to complain that this so called fix was carried out, service manager claims he just can't believe it.
So Mr Angry says "fine, I'll get hold of Audi UK to see what they have to say about it"
Low and behold same service manager phones Mr Angry yesterday to say that if I bring the car in today the problem will be rectified to Mr Angry's complete satisfaction.

Are you for real? Mate if I were you I would call Audi UK and SCREAM down the phone!!!

yeh and what id do... get a loan car of theirs and do the same. but thats just me. agreed! buggers!!!

Update on this:

Well done Mr Angry. I've lost count of the number of times that I've extraced 'reasonable' service by judicious application of Mr angry/assertive. Well done fella.:applaus:

Update on this:

i think a mechanic will be getting a disciplinary over this.... but then i cant imagine a mechanic would just unplug something as a means of sorting out a fault without orders from above them.
i bet they didnt order the part to fix it when it was last in for the fault, then realised at the last minute. unplugging it as a quick fix.

hmmmmm something fishy going on in the worpshop me thinks.

can you name this dealer so we all know them??
A couple of months ago I kept getting a seatbelt warning on the dash, as the S3 was still under warranty I took it to the stealers and it came back fine (no more warnings)
Yesterday I was giving the car a good hoover and slid the driver seat fully back and saw the plastic cover under the seat, being ever so nosey I took the cover off and saw that a lead was not connected. There was only 1 possible place for it to go and so thinking I may have dislodged it taking the cover off I plugged it back in and thought no more of it.

Drove the car a couple of hours later and you guessed it the ****** seatbelt warning comes back on. Surely the stealers 'fix' wasn't just to unplug the warning system?