Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

On board computer

How do you reset the trip compter on the new A3?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Re: On board computer

Press and hold the button on the underside of the right-hand (wipers) lever. You have to go through each item in both memory 1 and memory 2 and zero each one.

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    My point, Yak, was that bowfer seems to dislike so much about his A3 I was trying to find out what he does like and why he chose the A3 in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I own it,the more I find it flawed David.
    The gearbox is my biggest gripe,but there are many many other problems that only really reveal themselves with extended ownership,such as;

1/ Bad build quality.
    I have more noises in this 3000 mile A3 than my 36000 mile A4.Why ?

2/ Poor refinement.
    Road noise is a joke.

3/ Uncomfy S-line seats.Who would have thought manual lumbar adjustment wasn't there.My A4 had electric lumbar as standard.

4/ Poor MPG. I consistently get 10mpg less than my A4,in a lighter car that I don't drive so hard because of the effing gearbox.Why ?

What do I like ?

I like the looks.
    I still think it looks the dog's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

With regard to why I chose the car,it was the looks that did it.I 'trusted' Audi that it would have the same build quality,refinement and economy of my A4.
    Evidently I was wrong. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

With regard to the DIS,I'd like to see a survey taken of A3 owners,see how many actually use it.I would venture very few do,apart from the 'miles to empty' facility,which my A4 had without actually having DIS.

Reverse Gear

Status

Speaking for myself I regularly use DIS to monitor consumption (in traffic, open road, with climate on/off) etc. I wish I could find a way to export this information for further study.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

Well, I use DIS all the time. Every function on it. And with sat nav +, it acts as a very useful second display.

I once saw something that might reconcile you with DIS, I think it was called "Enhanced DIS". Basically, it is a means of displaying oil temp, pressure, water temp and voltage on the DIS. I just did another search for it, to no avail. Perhaps you will have better luck?

Uber pimp meister

Status

I must say I agree with Bowfer on the seats. The ones in my S-line aren't a patch on the Recaro's in my old Leon Cupra R. I'm not particularly big (5'11" & 12stone) but the side bolsters on the seat seem to dig in my arse. I dont feel I'd like to do long journeys on a regular basis in it. Anyone doubting this should go and sit in a Volvo S60/V70. I hired one of these for a work trip the other day and the seats put the Audi ones to shame.

1st Gear

Status

Surely once you can actually fit between the bolsters in the sport seats (particularly leather ones which I have) they are gonna hold the driver in place better.

Now the Golf GTI, cloth or leather - they're proper seats.

As I said, I don't have any problem. I would image it would be more of a problem with leather seats. I have found, on the few cars I have driven with leather seats, you do tend to slide around more than with cloth trim.

Reverse Gear

Status

I agree about the sport seats in my a3. The vaders in my e36 m3 were much more acomidating. im 6'2 230lbs. its a bit tight but i have gotten used to them and now they dont bother me all that much even on long trips

Status

I quite like the DIS but can't understand why it doesn't have the mileage for current journey stored like VW's do.

I still love the sport seats in my car and find them very comfy and have a dislike to lumbar adjustment so they are perfect for me.

J.

Lord of War

Status

[ QUOTE ]

I quite like the DIS but can't understand why it doesn't have the mileage for current journey stored like VW's do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you that one. It is a touch annoying. (for all us mileage allowance people [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])