Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Should I delete my DPF?

1st Gear

Status

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Bigfish tuning remap, S-line half Leather heated seats, Bose sounds, Elec' fold in heated mirrors, tyre pressure monitors, Charcoal roof linning, Mfsw,phone prep, 18" Speedlines, Dual climate, total open/closure remote windows,L.e.d rear lights, Ch/Lh lights,puddle lights,Cruise Ctrl, Ambient Interior lighting, footwell lights & it's a Quattro......

2. # ADS
    ADS

Before you consider deleting the DPF you should read the article in the Newsweek section of this week's Auto Express.

Basically it says, that under new EU proposals, any kind of modification could mean the car fails the MOT. If the proposal gets the green light then "components of the vehicle must comply with characteristics at the time of first registration" effectively outlawing any deviation from the factory specification. This would make the rest of the EU the same as the situation in Germany. Any car fitted or modified in any way that is not TUV (the German car testing authority) approved would mean the car would fail an MOT. This would include wheels, bodykits, headlights and even towbars.
    Last edited by h5djr; 5th September 2012 at 21:11.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza1819 View Post
    Maximum you should be paying is £400 all in, incl remap & delete.
    Just sorted my brothers' tdi 170 quattro ( quattro twice the work )
    See my post !!
    £400? Most decent remaps will cost you this alone, unless you got it done heavily discounted that price is a good £200 off a realistic price for the job to be done properly.
    Brodster likes this.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Before you consider deleting the DPF you should read the article in the Newsweek section of this week's Auto Express
    And how is anyone going to be able to determine whether or not the DPF has been deleted because when done properly you cant unless you remove the cannister and cut it open. Some places will fit a by-pass pipe which isnt recommended but by removing the internals and keeping the cannister everything within the engine bay is how it should be.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Before you consider deleting the DPF you should read the article in the Newsweek section of this week's Auto Express.

Basically it says, that under new EU proposals, any kind of modification could mean the car fails the MOT. If the proposal gets the green light then "components of the vehicle must comply with characteristics at the time of first registration" effectively outlawing any deviation from the factory specification. This would make the rest of the EU the same as the situation in Germany. Any car fitted or modified in any way that is not TUV (the German car testing authority) approved would mean the car would fail an MOT. This would include wheels, bodykits, headlights and even towbars.
    They've been talking about this for years & its never happened yet, a couple of other things to consider is that with this kind of ruling they would effectively scupper an entire industry (vehicle modifictaion) & all of the tax revenue it generates from it various sources, also like nearly all new rulings that are introduced they wouldn't be able to retrospectively enforce it as the implications would probably cause mass riots.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

1st Gear

Status

Should I delete my DPF?

Well £200 for the remap & £50 for the dpf delete software was a fare price - it was discounted for being a forum member. Any half decent mechanic can remove the dpf from the exhaust - this cost me £100 but that was exceptionaly cheap ( from a pal ). Its alot more work if its the quattro like mine, but £150 is the going rate for my local garages.

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Bigfish tuning remap, S-line half Leather heated seats, Bose sounds, Elec' fold in heated mirrors, tyre pressure monitors, Charcoal roof linning, Mfsw,phone prep, 18" Speedlines, Dual climate, total open/closure remote windows,L.e.d rear lights, Ch/Lh lights,puddle lights,Cruise Ctrl, Ambient Interior lighting, footwell lights & it's a Quattro......

2nd Gear

Status
    The smoke test will determine whether there is an effective DPF fitted.
    For example, my car passed its MOT last week with a smoke level of 0.06 with its DPF functioning normally. This is around one twentyfifth of the pass level. Without the DPF you would expect the car to be very close to the pass level. Even if the smoke test was passed it would be obvious the DPF was not working correctly or was just pretending to be present.
    The next logical step will be to reduce the smoke test pass level to reflect the fact that the vehicle under test has a DPF as standard equipment.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

UnderwaterPilot

Status
    hi, i have at 2.0tdi 170 and found out that my DPF has been 'gutted' although i didnt know it when i bought it. The car does give off a real exhaust smell which you can smell when idle aswell as the exhaust rear pipe blacking up within the week. My EMU and Turbo were replaced last year at AUDI in stirling, this is when they revealed i had no DPF filter. it still continues to smell. HOW can i remedy this, another remap? stainless steel exhaust and remap? very much appreciate any suggestions and venues for this. i live in central scotland but work in WATFORD, so pretty much either end of the country really.
    Driving - A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Jet black....Nice!

4th Gear

Status

Should I delete my DPF?

One way to rid the smell is buy a petrol lol

Seriously though all modern diesels stink. BMWs are the same and they have dpfs fitted.
    carlsarrou likes this.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

UnderwaterPilot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis583 View Post
    One way to rid the smell is buy a petrol lol

Seriously though all modern diesels stink. BMWs are the same and they have dpfs fitted.
    Seriously though, this is my 3rd AUDI Diesel (2 x A4's) this does smell more than it should do!
    Driving - A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Jet black....Nice!

4th Gear

Status

Should I delete my DPF?

Quote Originally Posted by carlsarrou View Post
    Seriously though, this is my 3rd AUDI Diesel (2 x A4's) this does smell more than it should do!
    Well put a dpf back on it then
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

1st Gear

Status

Should I delete my DPF?

Bigfish tuning is excellent, much cheaper than most of the other tunning places - talks you through everything !
    He's based in Stokesley in teeside - check his website - top bloke !

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12