Knocking sound when braking lightly

Acheron

Reaction score
It never used to do this, but my S3 has for the last week started knocking from the front when I brake lightly. Sometimes this does not occur until the pitch of the road changes again and the faster I go the quicker the series of knocks (usually around 2 to 5 seperate knocks) when I brake. These knocks can be felt through the brake pedal as well.

Taking the car along the highway earlier and cruising above 100km/h I can actually feel something touching somewhere lightly, again through the brake pedal and there is definitely a metallic friction noise somewhere. The front pads and discs were replaced a month ago.

Last edited:
Ah ***. Something told me to go have a look at my wheel nuts since the noise started shortly after putting my wheels back on (after Plasti-dip'ing them). :idea:

Front passenger side 4 out of 5 nuts were loose. Not sure if they worked themselves loose or if they were never tight enough to start with. Checked the other wheels and those were still good. :uhm:

...either way, the noise is gone!

jesus.jpg

Jesus!! Well spotted...!

I have been experiencing the same recently and put it down to maybe needing new brake pads and discs better check mine when I get home then I think! Thanks for sharing!