Multi Function Steering wheel, airbag loom?

MxGaza33

Reaction score
Hi I've just got hold of a S-line MFSW to swap out for my standard S-Line wheel. I've got the new steering module required but what wiring is required to fit it? Obviously there is the need for an extra connector to the wheel so what do I need to buy? I've looked on ebay but cant seem to find anything but I've seen airbag loom's mentioned on here, is this the correct name for the item I need? If so how much would I be looking at for it?

Thanks

Gary if you phone either glasgow audi or tps, they can get you the airbag
wire connector for your mfsw.

Cal

Just to let you know, it has now been superseded to AD and costs £40.10.

Strange - I'm showing version AD (2012MY) as the same price as AB !

I don't know what year the OP's car is but it was version Q when I converted my 2006 to mfsw and that cost £22. last year.

Maybe if he has a pre-facelift then it's cheaper because doesn't the facelift model have a different slip ring etc. ?

his cars a 2005

Cheers Bluequattro - in that case I'm thinking it should originally have been rev. Q ; dropped on 01/01/2011 to rev. AB ; and still showing as £24.18.

Maybe the latest model uses the AD version but the AB version is still available for earlier models ?!!

Phone Dave at Stoke Audi for correct info. Gary, and please report back !

Bit all confusing this Mike, lol.

I have done a couple of upgrades recently on a 2005 and 2006, tried getting the AB but was informed it was superseded to AD at the new cost also.
But I can confirm that the loom works and fits perfectly, that is of course unless he has the old style steering wheel with single stage airbag.

Bit all confusing this Mike, lol.

I have done a couple of upgrades recently on a 2005 and 2006, tried getting the AB but was informed it was superseded to AD at the new cost also.
But I can confirm that the loom works and fits perfectly, that is of course unless he has the old style steering wheel with single stage airbag.

Certainly is !! I wonder what would happen if you asked for version Q !!!!!!!!!

I did mate, and they told me it is no longer available.
To me it seems they superseded it purely as a money spinner, typical dealers!

No mate, never spoke to Dave.
Spoke to my Audi parts guys where i buy all my cruise bits from.

I like to think they are not rip of merchants, as I get a good trade discount from them, lol.

Phoned my local audi garage and it skinned me £40, rip off for a couple of wires! Phoned before I seen the posts about the cheaper version, already been charged so no going back! As long as it fits that's the main thing, cheers guys.

Last edited: