Rattly Window Petition

Horchsense

Reaction score
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Having had a rattly front drivers window since the car was new - and having taken it back to dealers 3 times - I am now in the position of either a) giving up and living with it, b) giving up and selling it (it drives me ****** bonkers) or c) trying one last wheeze. That is writing to Kevin Rose, boss of Audi UK - I got his address.

I see no point in taking it back to dealers - Got the car back a fornight ago having had the regulator replaced and rattle has just come back again with a vengance. The guys in service are sound and have tried their best to cure it - having some sympathy rather than writing me off as a loony.

However I'm sure my case would be strengthened if I could get some sort of petition together - I know I'm not the only one who has this problem. I just feel so hacked off that having spent a lot of wonga, I got a car with a rattly window (and lately a buzz from under the dash - but we won't go there...)

So come on guys - sign up -

what I think I need , is a brief description of your rattly window problem, with car model (3 door or sportback) and I think your login name will do...

Please??!!!

ive noticed this too,it goes if i put the window down a tad,ive put some tyre silk on the rubber top and bottom so ill wait and see,mines both sides for some reason and its only just started after 3500 miles,oh its 3dr s-line.

Count me in.

passenger door has had an annoying creak since I got it. The rubbers have been greased and even replaced, but still it creaks. If it was both doors I could understand why it hasn't been sorted, but with one good door and one not you've got to wonder.

Audi technicians are also helpful and sympathetic, but unable to solve it completely.

Hmmm, I haven't got a rattle, but it's almost like the rubbers are slightly sticky

./childish mode
"chuckle, he said sticky rubbers"
./childish mode

Seems worse when pulling into my driveway over a ridge, almost as if the car was flexing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

(and lately a buzz from under the dash - but we won't go there...)

[/ QUOTE ]

No rattly window,sorry,but if you start a petition for the buzzy dash,I'm in.

I had this problem in my Golf GTI T. VW never fixed it even though it went in about 10 times.

Fingers crossed A3 is OK at the mo.

I experienced the door pillar rattling myself, played a little with the adjustment and never heard it again.

Rattly window petition - not rattly door pillar petition - but thanks anyway...

mines not as bad now for some reason,im wondering if its something to do with the hot weather expanding the rubbers or something,now ive said that it'll probably start again.

No I agree - the irritation factor changes with the weather - for some reason, mine shutsup completely when it rains!!!???

Most useful tip I've had so far- thanks - but does it really work? and what is a rubber cear product?...

Steveb - I haven't heard of the other product you mentioned. Let's hope you can find something like Gummipflege. And I tried a few silicon based products first too - with no success. And once you find the right product remember to treat the groove on top of the door as well as the felt part (in additional to the 'normal' rubber seals. After reapplying Gummipflege twice my rattle has now been a way over 4 months (first time it came back maybe a month and several car washes later). Good luck!