Damage to vehicle - No note, but evidence

davicio

Reaction score
Hi all,

My car has been damaged multiple times by someone who clearly had complete contempt for my vehicle whilst transporting his tools about.

I reside in a block of flats which has its own rear driveway. Private land.
At the back of my block is one massive house, CCTV'd up to the eyeballs and gated at the front with landscape gardens.

The landscape gardeners decided to use our driveway to get their tools over the fence. They have subsequently made a total of 5 scratches with 3 of them being dents to the roof and drivers door. I have 3 neighbours who have all stated it is them who has done it but cannot identify the main culprit.

The detached house is not answering their intercom.

How do I go about this? I haven't yet told police in case my neighbours don't wish to help (if you get what I mean).

And to do a door and roof, will this be costly to repair (Silver S3)?

Thanks.

Where about are you located???

I had a ding taken out of the roof of a 3 series, right near the swage line too.
Cost £80, no paint required.
Its surprising what these dent removal guys can achieve.

Ref. the neighbour, kill his dog first, then knock on the door, you will have his attention then.

Good luck

Last edited:
also try the suction cup trick too. pulled loads out on my landy with that.

I've had a few dings removed by the paintless dent removal techniques on my previous car, Including a dent in the roof from a conker that fell 20 ft from a tree, while I sat waiting at a junction!
Costs about £80 a panel retail price.

It will be difficult to prove who damaged it. Your only chance is to stop further damage by either contacting the house owner or the contractor and stop them using your private access.

I'd find out who the gardening company is and deal with them to see if they'll cough up anything although they'll prob say jog on unless you have cctv evidence

You're always on the back foot with this as it's a civil case. Your only recourse ultimately would be costly via a solicitor (or small claims), but as said above you'll need a LOT of evidence!

Brick through the window, with a piece of paper tied on it, " you dinted my audi, now you will pay " They will soon answer the door and own up :)

Still no answer. The intercom is on the front gate - you can't get to the front door.
I have thought about climbing over the rear fence and walking up to their back door and knocking on it. No doubt he'll say it is private land to which I'll laughably respond on this one.

I think I don't have a hells chance - but what I do want to do is see if they are forthcoming. If not, then I just cannot let sleeping dogs lye. Every time I go to my car, I literally get so angry looking at the marks. There is just no excuse.

The fact of the matter is, the owners of the detatched house told the gardeners not to go through the front of their house because it may have cause an untidy mess - so use our land instead. This is what gets me most from this.

It is making my blood boil just talking about this.

My excess is £450 as well.

Mate, if this was my car, private land my A S S. i would gather all the lads and wall/gate what ever, die a tow rope to the fence and then to the back of your car and smash the place up. F***king ******..

Get on to them asap mate...