2010 S3 Fuel Filter Change

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys, got the filter but now need to fit. Found plenty of site showing the location of the diesel filter for the 8P but none of the petrol.

Anybody have a guide for replacement of the fuel filter? Where is it located?

Thanks in advance.

FYI here is a photo of the fuel filter location - just in front of the driver side rear wheel.

Hi I have the same issue only with a 2011 s3 Quatro 2.0TFSI. This thread did not have the picture of the filter as indicated and despite all my looking the filter is not in front of the drivers side rear wheel, unless I am bind. Yea I kinda am. Did it move in 2011? Thanks Bill

My car is a model year 2011 and the filters in front of the right rear wheel. Just behind the sill.

It's definitely there, need to jack it up quite high and get ur head right under. You'll see it

Hi Guys -appreciate the replies. I crawled under the car again and low and behold the fuel filter is no where to be seen. Immediately in front of the drivers side rear wheel is the fuel tank as expected. The fuel lines exit from the top of the fuel tank at the rear, loop around to the side of the tank and proceed to the front of the car under the undercarriage cover. I have followed the lines from as high up the side of the tank that I can see, all the way to the engine compartment and alas no filter. Is it possible that the location is different on a S3 quatro version which is what I have? Is it possible the filter is either above or in the tank? Thanks for your guidance.

There's only 1 S3 and it's Quattro. It will be there mate. It's there on probably all 2.0 tfsi engines. Google mk5 golf GTI fuel filter. Should be more info and it's in the same place

I found the mystery and this is what tipped me off "It will be there mate." The earlier post said "just in front of the driver side rear wheel." so naturally, since I am in the US that meant the left side. Whats odd is that the tank is on the left, but the filter is on the right. Anyway mystery solved and I send my thanks for the help. Bill

Glad you found it, told you it was there. You are on an English forum so the drivers side is on the correct side of the car over here