Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel

standard boot tools

Hi Guys,

I have a question that needs answering by you guys preferably with pics.

Now i have a sportback, and i know the boot size is different from the 3 door hatch. Now under the carpet there is the spare wheel and the tools that are held in the Styrofoam thing... In my sportback it is in this round circular crap thing that sits in the middle of the wheel.
    I have seen some pics of the boots of other A3s that have the tools arranged around the outside of the wheel.

What i want to know is when did this change come about and is it like this on all the 3 door cars or do some sportbacks out there have it too? is it something that only comes when the spare wheel is an 18" version or does it come on all cars from a certain age?

if it is available for sportbacks does anyone have the part numbers for the Styrofoam as i want that on mine. I will be upgrading my alloys very soon (finally) and i want to also upgrade the spare wheel i have in the boot so i dont get a messed up car if i puncture one of the tyres, so it will look much better if i had the foam thingy on the side.

here is a pic of roughly what i have and what i want:

thanks
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine's 6 months old and I have the top picture (but no spare anyway).
    Ibis White S3 Sportback, Black Edition - S-Tronic, Open Sky Roof, Bucket seats, Comfort Pack, Front and Rear PDC, Folding Mirrors, TPM System and Interior Lights Pack. Huge GRIN!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    I am pretty sure that the picture on the bottom is for cars with quattro as they have a battery in the boot which sits under and to the right of the spare wheel, i think thats why the boot space in the quattro is smaller as the toolkit rises up into the cargo area slightly instead of sitting in the spare wheel

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

2nd Gear

Status
    I've got a three door Quattro 2011... is a pic of that any use?

Neutral

Status
    3dr... I've got the top pic! (my11)

2nd Gear

Status
    So if you have a 3dr quattro which one of the above pictures matches your boot?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    I am pretty sure that the picture on the bottom is for cars with quattro as they have a battery in the boot which sits under and to the right of the spare wheel, i think thats why the boot space in the quattro is smaller as the toolkit rises up into the cargo area slightly instead of sitting in the spare wheel

Chris
    Hi,

What battery is this, i assume its a secondary one? Do you know what it connects too?
    (I would go and have a look but don't fancy pulling my install apart if it can be answered on here).
    Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    I think on the 3.2v6 and rs3 (not all quattro a3's as i stated earlier!) because the engine takes up all the space in the engine bay, the battery is in the boot, because both of these cars are quattro all quattro cars have a narrower exhaust back box as the boot floor is a different shape so it can fit a battery, that is what i think from seeing pictures. If you look at this picture of the rs3 to the right of the exhaust there is a black box, this is the battery holder

http://www.millteksport.com/images/custom/944.jpg
    http://www.millteksport.com/images/custom/943.jpg

Chris

Short Back

Status
    I think the 3.2 has the boot mounted battery.

MY09 SB FWD same as the top picture ...I'm not sure a full sized spare will fit in the boot though, mine came with a space saver.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1st gear

Status
    I've seen some one make the bottom foam themselves to fit a sub on top of the spare wheel but havent ever seen it standard tho.
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    so i have searched ETKA and found these numbers:
    8P4 864 501 - left side insert for luggage compartment floor (front wheel drive) for sportback - £25
    8P4 864 501 A - Right side and centre insert for luggage compartment floor (front wheel drive) for sportback - £25

there are other part numbers for quattro parts so it means it is available for all cars.
    dont know if that comes with any tools though... doubt it, its too cheap for audi
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

I also wouldnt mind this so i can put my stron bar there :P
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit