standard boot tools

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a question that needs answering by you guys preferably with pics.

Now i have a sportback, and i know the boot size is different from the 3 door hatch. Now under the carpet there is the spare wheel and the tools that are held in the Styrofoam thing... In my sportback it is in this round circular crap thing that sits in the middle of the wheel.
I have seen some pics of the boots of other A3s that have the tools arranged around the outside of the wheel.

What i want to know is when did this change come about and is it like this on all the 3 door cars or do some sportbacks out there have it too? is it something that only comes when the spare wheel is an 18" version or does it come on all cars from a certain age?

if it is available for sportbacks does anyone have the part numbers for the Styrofoam as i want that on mine. I will be upgrading my alloys very soon (finally) and i want to also upgrade the spare wheel i have in the boot so i dont get a messed up car if i puncture one of the tyres, so it will look much better if i had the foam thingy on the side.

here is a pic of roughly what i have and what i want:

$%28KGrHqIOKkYE3QOw%21gLmBN0-ljrTvQ%7E%7E0_1.JPG

Spare%20wheel.jpg

thanks

Mine's 6 months old and I have the top picture (but no spare anyway).

I am pretty sure that the picture on the bottom is for cars with quattro as they have a battery in the boot which sits under and to the right of the spare wheel, i think thats why the boot space in the quattro is smaller as the toolkit rises up into the cargo area slightly instead of sitting in the spare wheel

Chris

I am pretty sure that the picture on the bottom is for cars with quattro as they have a battery in the boot which sits under and to the right of the spare wheel, i think thats why the boot space in the quattro is smaller as the toolkit rises up into the cargo area slightly instead of sitting in the spare wheel

Chris

Hi,

What battery is this, i assume its a secondary one? Do you know what it connects too?
(I would go and have a look but don't fancy pulling my install apart if it can be answered on here).
Thanks

I think on the 3.2v6 and rs3 (not all quattro a3's as i stated earlier!) because the engine takes up all the space in the engine bay, the battery is in the boot, because both of these cars are quattro all quattro cars have a narrower exhaust back box as the boot floor is a different shape so it can fit a battery, that is what i think from seeing pictures. If you look at this picture of the rs3 to the right of the exhaust there is a black box, this is the battery holder

http://www.millteksport.com/images/custom/944.jpg
http://www.millteksport.com/images/custom/943.jpg

Chris

I think the 3.2 has the boot mounted battery.

MY09 SB FWD same as the top picture ...I'm not sure a full sized spare will fit in the boot though, mine came with a space saver.

I've seen some one make the bottom foam themselves to fit a sub on top of the spare wheel but havent ever seen it standard tho.

so i have searched ETKA and found these numbers:
8P4 864 501 - left side insert for luggage compartment floor (front wheel drive) for sportback - £25
8P4 864 501 A - Right side and centre insert for luggage compartment floor (front wheel drive) for sportback - £25

there are other part numbers for quattro parts so it means it is available for all cars.
dont know if that comes with any tools though... doubt it, its too cheap for audi