S3 Rear Diffuser...... again!

DUBTDIMARK

Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry for another post but I wanted clarification. I have a 2012, 3 door, 140 TDi, S-line Black edition.

I want to fit the S3 rear diffuser and was under the impression that I could do it. I know I only have one tailpipe but that will be changed if and when I get the rear diffuser fitted.

I spoke to Audi Parts today, they seemed to think it won't fit and I need the S3 bumper to fit. However I thought the latest A3 S-line bumpers were the same fitted to the S3.

So question is CAN I fit a S3 diffuser to a 2012 3 door A3. If so can someone please let me know the exact part number please.

Many thanks,

Mark

no you cannot use the 2012 sline bumper as it doesnt have a separate lower bumper, its the 2008 and older sline bumpers that have the split upper bumper.

here is a bumper you can use if you really want the s3 one:
Audi S3 8P0 2004-2012 rear bumper...Genuine | eBay

you can see at the bottom of the white bit on the bumper there is the line that goes across... you need that on yours but you wont have it.

thats looks to be a fair price as well?? are they as easy to fit as the front bumper? not that i'm buying :sorry:

Relevant question I've always wanted answering the lower valance surround is it nessicary when going from s3 to facelift or would in my case only require the grey bits

if you have this type bumper:
$%28KGrHqFHJEoE+WM2Vr9%29BP2cHpUps%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

and you want to change the lower part where the grey diffuser doesnt quite go to the edge to this:

$T2eC16Z,!ygE9s7HJ-n1BP8,!jdydg~~60_12.JPG

then i believe you just need the lower valance and not hte lower part of the bumper. you would have to make sure you get the 3 door version though as apparently the sportback version is a bit longer (so i have heard)

thats looks to be a fair price as well?? are they as easy to fit as the front bumper? not that i'm buying :sorry:

Thats super expensive I sold one the other day complete with pdc sensors and loom for £250 all in with postage.