boost problem

richben

Reaction score
hi ppl i have a bit of trouble with my audi a3 2.0tdi s-line 2005 bkd engine.it drives great but occasionaly it goes into limp home mode,when i stop and turn it off its fine after,also has like a whoosing kinda noise when i put my foor down have been to my local garage and they checked it with a smoke probe and said there was no air leaks they also plugged it in and it came up with glow plug4 and boost pressure control valve solinoid its seems like its over boosting could it be the solinoid?or somet else common on them?

People are much more likely to provide help if it can be seen that you have tried to find the information before asking the question.

This is classic BKD engine symptoms of sticking turbo vanes and/or actuator faults.

Do a search for the thousands of threads on here, this thread is actually a sticky at the top of this forum :

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...turbo-clean-sticky-vane-causes-overboost.html

checked the actuator how the guide says it moves freely smooth as anything,any other ideas ppl what i could be??

ok cool will have to take it off at some point to investigate,just out of interest the turbo boosts fine bit sluggish in 1st all other gears are fine boost wise just that ****** noise and when it goes into limp home mode how do the vanes stick?just when the turbo is at high temp?or just the build up of carbon?cheers for the help

Dunno mate - probably carbon/oil sludge. Mine just whistled like a police car and after testing for leaks etc. and not finding any I just had it replaced !

deffo turbo veins were seized well bad had a new 1 fitted the other day,only slight whisttle coming from it any ideas ppl?oh always change the return pipe mine leaked like a ****er after it was refitted