Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Cool esp light on looking for somone in the know :)

just purchased a 53 plate facelift a3 2.0 tdi (bkd) had esp light on so was just hoping a simple fault code and just change of a sensor.plugged in snap on solus scanner and getting codes,00810 sensor 1/2 for brake pressure no or wrong adaption,00778 steering angle sensor wrong or no adaption (g85) and 01423 lateral acceleration sensor (g200)no or wrong adaption. all codes wont clear!heard about abs modules causing hassle but they seem to bring up 01425??not sure if cars been worked on or anything the guy just said it came on 1 day.is there a way of re adapting these sensors and why all 3 codes?its puzzled me

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    Not sure what you mean by 53 plate facelift ! Anyway, have a look at this site and see if it helps. Has the car been in an accident ?

Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki

Neutral

Status
    sorry i mean the later looking shape with bigger lights.cheers for the link looks like maybe everthing has lost its basic setting for some reason :\.doesnt look like it had any crash damage before looking from underneath and hpi clear.are there people on here that have the ross tech program that can carry out basic settings? rather than audi

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    sorry i mean the later looking shape with bigger lights.cheers for the link looks like maybe everthing has lost its basic setting for some reason :\.doesnt look like it had any crash damage before looking from underneath and hpi clear.are there people on here that have the ross tech program that can carry out basic settings? rather than audi
    Click on the UK map on this forum to find someone local :- http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vcds-fo...%2A%2A%2A.html

Neutral

Status
    cheers matey thanks or your help

Neutral

Status
    just 1 other thing this ross tech company i hear about im guessing its a computer program you can get with cable?is it very expensive to buy?just be really usefull to have especially for work!

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    just 1 other thing this ross tech company i hear about im guessing its a computer program you can get with cable?is it very expensive to buy?just be really usefull to have especially for work!
    Send a PM to NHN on this forum. He sells the genuine cable and you download the program from the R-T website. Costs about £250 which includes all updates and support for life.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Meerkat, where abouts are you based?
    Sounds like you need to perform a basic setting in the abs module to resolve the issue, I usually get this after I have installed a cruise control kit
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Get the cable too as Mike said. Its well worth having.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    hi ash im in swindon but could probably bring to you,what would you charge me to have a look?definatly gonna be looking to get the cable and program in future

Neutral

Status
    still not managed to get this light off .seems there is nobody local with vagcom :S.does anybody know if disconecting battery readapt the abs module?

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    As Ash said before mate, you need to perform basic settings, and the only way by doing so us with VCDS.
    You have two options, but a genuine cable from NHN or travel to someone who has VCDS, even if it means an hour or so drive.
    Both options will still be a lot cheaper than taking to the dealers, and then they will probably say you need a new ABS module, lol.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

Neutral

Status
    guess il have to go for a long drive then or wait until i can afford the cable.is it possible to check if timings out with the vag?have slightly lumpy idle and read a lot about timing problems being the cause.just taken belt cover off and can see rear cam is in a differant position from what it has been at some point as circle marks from where 13mm bolts have been before!be nice to check before messing about taking all covers off and pining the cams

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    VCDS has endless uses mate, well worth the money!

Neutral

Status
    cheapest ive seen on ebay is around 350,theres a guy offering a cable and access to his program for 35 :3.hes only got 3 feedback mind so have to keep an eye.im guessing its all fairly simple to use like a snap on.be good to see somone use

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Nigel(NHN) is an official supplier of the cable, his price is roughly £250 give or take a few quid. Many of us here have bought from him including myself.

That guy on eBay, that will be for you going to him! No one with a genuine cable would loan it out for £35 unless you also give a £250 deposit to cover loss or damage.

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannykn9 View Post
    Nigel(NHN) is an official supplier of the cable, his price is roughly £250 give or take a few quid. Many of us here have bought from him including myself.

That guy on eBay, that will be for you going to him! No one with a genuine cable would loan it out for £35 unless you also give a £250 deposit to cover loss or damage.
    +1

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Mate come to london and i will happily look at this and other coding problems for you
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    looks like i will.where abouts are you in london?will i get caught up in olympics traffic?could do today

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Hi mate, im in the south east but I can come up to west london if you really need? Sed me a pm and we can go from there
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    finally got the vcds cable!yippee.just been getting used to the basics all i need to do now is figure how to do these basic settings before i go playing around to much lol.think il have a play with a scrap golf we have at work before i do my own car :s

Neutral

Status
    finally got the hex can cable today and not hex com!!!got into my brake settings 03 and just trying to get confident in carrying out the brake basic settings.looking at ross tech instructions there is a choice of 3 types of abs unit so how do i find excactly which mine is?im guessing the mk60 but dont want to mess it up :S.also it says After successful basic setting, the Steering Limit Stop needs to be adapted too.is that fairly simple?any advice appreciated

Neutral

Status
    yipee finally got round to sorting this tonite and after 15 mins sorted!cant believe how easy it is to do all this.vcds was well worth the money and am very impressed with it!instructions are really clear and simple!!