pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

2. # ADS
    ADS

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by throttleaddict View Post
    Yes I thought so - just deleted my last post as that was a stupid stupid question to ask....my bad!

Any ideas where to buy apart from direct to Audi? What sort of money are we talking for one of these?

Just been quoted £599.16 inc vat from Harrogate.
    You'll need the number plate holder too which is about £80

:D

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is my modified non-oem (ebay special) A6 grill hacked to fit into a standard S-Line 3.2 A3 grill frame (What a mouthful). One cool thing about this mod is that it allows you to remove the rings completely if you choose to do so.

I noticed that you all have S3 fronts - Audi doesn't import the S3 or RS3 on my side of the pond but I can have a S3 front bumper special ordered and I've been considering it when I add my forced induction. In the mean time, hopefully you can answer a couple questions for me.

Do you know if a standard 8p pre facelift S-line grill fits the pre facelift S3?
    Is the RS6 grill the exact same size as the pre facelift S3 or did you have to cut the mesh out and marry it to a S3 grill frame?

I'm asking for two reasons. The first is that a buddy is bugging me to help him with a mod similar to mine which was a PITA to do so I'm looking for an alternative route. The second reason is that if I do replace my front bumper with an S3 bumper I'd like to know if I can keep my current grill or if not the best way to replace it with a grill similar to yours.

Thanks

Juicy Jen likes this.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    I noticed that you all have S3 fronts - Audi doesn't import the S3 or RS3 on my side of the pond but I can have a S3 front bumper special ordered and I've been considering it when I add my forced induction. In the mean time, hopefully you can answer a couple questions for me.

Do you know if a standard 8p pre facelift S-line grill fits the pre facelift S3?
    Is the RS6 grill the exact same size as the pre facelift S3 or did you have to cut the mesh out and marry it to a S3 grill frame?

I'm asking for two reasons. The first is that a buddy is bugging me to help him with a mod similar to mine which was a PITA to do so I'm looking for an alternative route. The second reason is that if I do replace my front bumper with an S3 bumper I'd like to know if I can keep my current grill or if not the best way to replace it with a grill similar to yours.

Ohh alryt, and wich side of pond is that mate?

Sline grill would not fit the pre-facelift S3 bumper as the Sline grill is bigger.
    RS6 is bigger then the S3 grill and i had to cut the mesh to make it fit.

you maybe able to marry you old mesh into the S3 grill, the side are same size just that S3 grill is shorter.
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post

That grill looks nice on the sline! Unfortunately as Amar said the s3 grill is an inch shorter on the bottom so it won't fit.
    You could just give your mate your grill and make a new one for the s3 grill surround
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by amar06fbr View Post

Ohh alryt, and wich side of pond is that mate?

Sline grill would not fit the pre-facelift S3 bumper as the Sline grill is bigger.

you maybe able to marry you old mesh into the S3 grill, the side are same size just that S3 grill is shorter.
    The colonies just below Canada ;-)

I had the idea, but MattAndrews gave me the solution of using the A6 grill but after reading this thread I was unsure if you were needing to cut them up for the mod. I attached a few photos of the steps involved with the one on my car.

Thanks for the info.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by amar06fbr View Post

I responded to your PM but it doesn't show up in my sent mail so I don't know if it was received. Here's the link to the cheepy ebay grill. It's not OEM quality but once modified and painted you have to put your face up to it and even then it's next to impossible to tell.

SILVER/BLACK Front RS-Style Mesh Replacement Grille Grill for Audi 08-10 A6 C6 | eBay

H88
    1st Gear

Status
    I am not sure if this is stupid thing to say but since you guys getting an a6/rs6 grill just to get the mesh out to fit into the a3 grill frame. Why don't you guys buy the mesh separate on eBay and fit it into a3 grill frame instead?that work as well right?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the mesh is totally different. the bay stuff is flimsy from what i remember whereas the RS ones are solid and also the mesh is more open.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by H88 View Post
    I am not sure if this is stupid thing to say but since you guys getting an a6/rs6 grill just to get the mesh out to fit into the a3 grill frame. Why don't you guys buy the mesh separate on eBay and fit it into a3 grill frame instead?that work as well right?
    I think you are talking about a flat sheet of mesh vs. a grill. A flat sheet of mesh is almost as much as the price of a second grill to cut up and it doesn't have the curvature and angles to the mesh that mesh out of a grill has. It would end up being a lot harder to fit and wouldn't look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    the mesh is totally different. the bay stuff is flimsy from what i remember whereas the RS ones are solid and also the mesh is more open.
    Are you talking about an ebay grill or just a sheet of mesh? The raw finish on the mesh on an actual RS grill is better than the cheepy ebay grill I bought. However, the aftermarket grill is pretty damn strong stuff and once sanded and painted looks every bit as good as an RS grill. The RS6 grills I looked at when I was getting ready to do my mod were around $600 at the time, Now you can get them for $220 on ebay. For the $70 price difference I'd go with the actualy RS grill if for no other reason the rings frame is built into the mesh. Unless of course you want to get rid of your rings then go for the aftermarket ebay grill.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

For anyone that was interested, the RS6 grill has now been sold.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12