Exhaust Change - Revo or Milltek

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys. Have been searching through YouTube and the internet to try and find a video that gives some indication of the sound from either one of these exhausts. There are plenty of video from manual S3s, but none of S-Tronics.

Can anybody point me to a video of one on an S-tronic?

Also, has anybody experience of either one? Price-wise, performance etc etc. Interested in people's views. Currently have the standard exhaust system but looking to upgrade purely for the sound!

Thanks in advance.

The resonated Milltek is pretty quiet and there are others from Scorpion as well now to choose from.
Mine started off as a resonated Milltek but it's been chopped around a fair bit so it does get a bit louder.

if your anywhere near Worcestershire. You can have a listen to my turbo back non res miltek on my s-Tronic.

Thanks mjr but no....am in Yorkshire!

Hmmmm I'd do a video but it really won't sound anything like it I doubt.

Hmmmm I'd do a video but it really won't sound anything like it I doubt.

Can you post it please.

Do you get any droning at a constant speed as I had a non-res on my Golf Ed 30 and it was awful at 70-80mph!

I'm at the gym at the second...but will see what I can rumble later on.

its not most pleasant thing on the motorway but it does sound awesome!

it will very much the same as the golf.

I know Blueflame don't do a backbox on the golf(or at least I know of one ed30 with no back box), not sure if Miltek did? so may be different.

To be honest, all you can hear is road noise from inside the cabin on the videos.

Not alot of point ;(

Thanks mjr - like you say, difficult to tell the difference.

Any other vids on the net would be much appreciated!

I've got a non res cat back milltek but mine is manual. Going decat soon aswell. Oh and i'm in yorkshire wakefield area.

I've got a non res cat back milltek but mine is manual. Going decat soon aswell. Oh and i'm in yorkshire wakefield area.
Decat really isnt essential at less than Stg3 and obviously adds some hassle,but I'm sure you know that!

Decat really isnt essential at less than Stg3 and obviously adds some hassle,but I'm sure you know that!

Yeah i know that but i'm going stage 2 Revo on friday and i thought you needed either decat or sports cat for it?

Yeah i know that but i'm going stage 2 Revo on friday and i thought you needed either decat or sports cat for it?
Sports cat yes,decat no.
A decat offers you nothing in terms of performance at Stg2 0r 2+,but does add considerable hassle come MOT time.

I went with 100cel sports cat just for the ease at MOT time. Zero hassle in the future, performance values very much the same, and a little less drone too!

I went with 100cel sports cat just for the ease at MOT time. Zero hassle in the future, performance values very much the same, and a little less drone too!
I'm pretty sure my original exhaust was the same....100 cell cat,and no emission issues.

Sports cat yes,decat no.
A decat offers you nothing in terms of performance at Stg2 0r 2+,but does add considerable hassle come MOT time.

I don't get hassle at MOT time, my friend does it :D I've heard people (my friends) burning through sports cats effectively making them useless.

Is there any 'drone' whilst cruising on the motorway with a resonated Milltek? Would love the popping at gear change and the deep tones but would hate a drone at high speed.

Is there anywhere that you can 'try before you buy'?

Is there any 'drone' whilst cruising on the motorway with a resonated Milltek? Would love the popping at gear change and the deep tones but would hate a drone at high speed.

Is there anywhere that you can 'try before you buy'?

Pretty sure the resonated is damn close to standard in terms of noise, some say quieter, its just the performance thats gained.

Just so you know, the non-res is definitely noisy on the motorway, just makes me want to go faster and faster....:rockwoot:

So stay clear of the non-res if you do alot of motorway miles..

Sorry to bring this up again...but can anybody point me in the direction of a video of an s-tronic with different exhausts? I want to hear the flutter at gear changes to make sure I dont miss out!

Thanks!

perhaps I should gaffa tape my iPhone to my rear bumper and set it recording....

probably lose it knowing my luck.

Does the gearbox somehow affect the exhaust noise? That doesn't sounds right.

Does the gearbox somehow affect the exhaust noise? That doesn't sounds right.

With the DSG box you get an awesome pop/flutter when changing up under boost! It really is a lovely sound :)

I will try to record it now lol as I'm on my lunch and bored!

Nah don't think you can hear it from an iPhone recording. Trust me though, when the DSG shifts there is a pop from the rear loud enough to knock small children off the curb!! This is a completely stock car by the way, I can imagine it would only get louder on a non res system!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah don't think you can hear it from an iPhone recording. Trust me though, when the DSG shifts there is a pop from the rear loud enough to knock small children off the curb!! This is a completely stock car by the way, I can imagine it would only get louder on a non res system!

Deary me - why are you listening to Radio 1?! :p

I have a DSG and indeed on up shifts it does pop, sounds awesome!

Thanks guys - greatly appreciated!

My vote goes for Supersprint!!!
Yes it is a little bit more money than milltek but the quality is TOP
and the noise is something different:applaus:

Hey Red,Does your car still produce the pop when upshifting like stock S3's?
Hi mate I still use standard exhaust but very tempted to get supersprint early next year when I get some spare cash. The noise/pop however gets better when you fit a downpipe as on the video above.

I'm going to chuck another(albeit custom) into this....... AMDTuning are modifying mine for me shortly.