Audi A3/S3 towbar

A-k

Reaction score
Hey folks looking for some info and hope you can help.

I have an Audi A3 black edition hatch 61 plate, with an S3 rear bumper and valance question is I was looking to get a detachable tow bar, I have read mixed posts regarding S3s not being suitable for towing don't know why thought Quattro and some bhp would be good.

Anyway question is, any towbars out there that would be detachable and mean I don't need to get a new rear valance and not cut a huge hole in it don't mind if I have to notch a small part out just wondering if the towbars are slightly different for non Quattro. Any photos would be fantastic.

Heres my rear it's a 2.0 TDI, the towbar is for a bike carrier dont think I would like the look of the roof bars plus don't want mud and crap falling off the bike onto roof etc.

36f7201a.jpg

Cheers

Ash

Thanks mate any more info on your removable panel.

I actually made my own flap, I cut out a section, made some fixing brackets & used the old kitchen expanding cupboard closers you push into, on each corner & when it was in place never came of on the road, but pulled out perfectly when I needed to get access for my detachable.

When not in use it looked invisible & all on an S3 valance :)