New to the clan (S3 BE Sportback)

NathanJT

Reaction score
So,

After an agonising wait all week since I agreed a deal on a car last Sunday, I picked up my 61 reg S3 Black Edition Sportback up from Tetbury Audi yesterday afternoon.

Spec is:

Ibis White
S-Tronic
Open Sky roof
Bucket Seats
Comfort pack
Folding mirrors
Front and rear PDC
TPM System
Interior lights pack
...and all of the usual Black Edition bits.

Having traded in an E90 330D it's certainly a different style of driving again. No way near as much torque, a bit more power but the gearbox and size difference makes it feel like a gokart (on steroids).

Seriously enjoying it so far!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Post some pics up as soon as you can. Enjoy the car and the forum. :) x

pretty good spec!!

as for the torque..diesel is always gonna be more torquey.

get it mapped ASAP. you won't look back :)

pretty good spec!!

as for the torque..diesel is always gonna be more torquey.

get it mapped ASAP. you won't look back :)

like he said.^^^^^^
A remap is essential.

You bought right car BTW, perfect model/spec/colour combo:thumbsup:
Enjoy.

Thanks all. Still smiling even though the ****** roof decided to pack up whilst open this morning. Audi assistance rocked up and closed it manually in no time though, but still annoying that I have to book it in after owning it for only 48 hours!

I doubt I'll be remapping it whilst it's under warranty, the car is more of a tool to me than a toy and I need it to be reliable.

:sign_pics: the spec looks to top banana. if you don't like the buckets, send them my way :laugh:
sure you'll enjoy the car lad!

Don't worry at all about remaps under warranty - the worst thing we've collectively experienced is earlier failure of coil packs than would otherwise be normal (although these are general wear and tear items anyway - spark plugs of old). It really is essential on S3s, as they appear to be very restricted as standard.

Be sure to spend some time to learn how to use the S-Tronic; it's taken me over a year to fully understand it! If you want the wall of torque that your 330d had, you need to shift across the gate into the manual position and give it some beans from low revs in 3rd/4th. As standard you'll have 258lb.ft come on tap at 2,500rpm, which is about 500rpm after when the auto mode would change up in "D" - a remap would get that safely above 300lb.ft, plus the clear BHP advantage.

Sounds spot on like to see some pics mate