High pitched whistle. Can't figure it out

Pipsqueak

Reaction score
Hoping for some help. When I go over 40mph I start to get a high pitched whistle/wind type noise. It gets louder the faster I go. I've tried getting up to speed and taking it out of gear and the whistle stays the same so I don't think it's the turbo as I assume it slows down when the revs go down. Then I thought maybe wind noise but the door rubbers look OK. So I don't know. Could it be a bearing? Or could it have something to do with a belt or air con or something. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers

i was gonna make a post about this as well tonight
My 59plate 1.8tfsi does the exact same thing
Its like a spooling whistle, but mine gets faster under acceleration
Havn never had a turbo'd motor before i have no clue if this is normal behaviour or not
Anyone?

Stone caught behind the shield on the rear disc assembly... Had it on mine a couple of times.

Stone caught behind the shield on the rear disc assembly... Had it on mine a couple of times.
I've had a stone in the disc before its not that. That's a horrible noise. It's not an overly loud noise. I guess a bearing makes a real racket on its way out. My air con died recently. Audi said there's a repair kit and they'll do it for £300 but didn't tell me what was wrong. Could it be that?

Could be air flow over the wing mirrors.
My cover wasn't sitting properly, when i got up to speed the noise was there.
i tested by opening my window and putting my hand behind the mirror to alter the flow of air, magicly the noise stopped. Refitted the cover noise has gone for good.

Could be air flow over the wing mirrors.
My cover wasn't sitting properly, when i got up to speed the noise was there.
i tested by opening my window and putting my hand behind the mirror to alter the flow of air, magicly the noise stopped. Refitted the cover noise has gone for good.
Thanks I'll give it a go

mine makes this noise aswell and i hate it with a passion