My A3 1.9 TDI (Newbie)

cammy104

Reaction score
Hi all

Picked up my a3 in February this year but only got round to putting a few pics on and willing to spend money on the car aswell :) really love the car so smooth going up and down the motorway nothing like the corsa i used to have ha but im ready to spend some money now and need your help

mods done so far

- Pressed Plates
- LED Reg Lights

Mods to do/want

- S Line front and rear
- Spoiler
- New Alloys
- Coilovers
- Remap
- RNSE(possibly)
- Upgrade headlight and fog light bulbs (bit confused on halogeon and bi xneon just want a bright white look at the front like HID along with the fogs. also want led strips in the fog light holders to look abit like DRL. just done know were to start and what to get really

got abit of money to start with now and just want to start buying mods now just dont want to dive in throwing money at it and getting all the wrong stuff for the wrong prices.

any comments and help would be veery much appreciated.

Here she was when i picked her up

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing I would have done is to get the coilovers and some nice set of wheels. Makes a huge difference in apperance by just doing that.
Next you might wanna get some LED taillights and possibly s-line bumpers etc. Have to admit I love the S3 front as well. Take a look at Ash B's Lava Grey - looks sick! Hope he dont mind me linking his thread ;) http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-a3-lowered-anthracite-s3-alloys-lamin-x.html
Maybe a black and murdered out grill as well..?

vegardar that is basically my plan of attack. should hopefully get some wheels and coilovers at the end of the month. still undecided on which colour or style of alloys want either black or grey. followed by some coilover. any set of coilovers you would recommend as i travel a fair distance and dont want to be boucning all over the road ha then the sline kit will soon follow. the s3 looks amazing but i cant justify the cost. rather save up for an actual s3

Check out this thread on Vortex: VWVortex.com - HPA Motorsports: Your Source for KW Coilovers at the Best Price
The Variant 1 looks pretty well suited for what you describe as your goal..?

As for the rims: Personally, I like the wheels to be OEM from Audi. Not saying that they can't be 18 or 19", but being original makes the car look better in my eyes. With to flashy wheels, I feel it kind of looks like a youngster, trying to impress to hard.. ;)
That beeing said, BBS (CH) are pretty sick looking. They look great in both aluminum-look, brushed black or gunmetal. If you want black rims I think it looks a whole better with many spokes and brushed finish, as to 4-5 spokes in a flashy, chrome look.

Emphasis on this beeing MY personal meanings, and not trying to step on any toes.. ;)

slight update

booked the car in to get remapped at the end of the month :) going for a mixture of performance and eco as i still do a silly amount of miles every week. should also be getting the RNS-E fitted at the same time which will be a fantastic upgrade to the concert unit i have in now. still undecided on wheels but im being pushed more towards some oem ones to make the car look nice but original. not got bottomless pockets like some of the guys on here but really after some nice multispoke grey alloys for my car! any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Update

got my self some rs4 reps i believe 18inch sprayed gloss black with a hint of green flake in

also got myself a new head unit no pictures sorry! its a kenwood touch screen all singing and dancing

added some team heko wind deflectors and pressed plates

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg