Phone cradle

vorney

Reaction score
Can you get a phone cradle for a Samsung galaxy s2 to clip on to a standard Audi phone mount . Or any universal cradle I can use.

No cheaper than the dealer prices and you could probably get 5-10% discount.

Oh wait, it is a dealership - Huntingdon Audi - what a rip....

is it not? Where do you think the best place to get one is from? I'm just in the process of looking on the forum for dealers who offer discount.

Thank you

I think they were £120 at my local dealership without postage of course, so if you have one nearby go in and ask for a discount.

but these are advertised at £85.50 with postage!

So £120 - 10% = £108.....

Sorry for acting daft but shall i buy the ebay one or ring some dealers?

Thanks

The Ebay one has no connector cable, that is an extra cost. So it's just the basic cradle with no charging facility. Look at the other ones and they come with a charging cable. So did all the ones I saw at the dealership parts dept.

Brodit would be your best bet..

You buy the phone holder in two parts.. A specific phone holder (S2) and a specific car mount (A3).

The car mount comes in various forms so you can choose where you want to mount it.

853989-4.jpg

then the phone part comes in various forms, you can choose un-powered, cig-lighter, or bare cable to 'hardwire' in behind the dash.

Its a bit more pricey than most phone holders but probably worth it.

all the pictures should be linked to items on ebay.

Brodit is a cheap alternative, but the new Audi universal ones link to the roof antenna for improved reception and include a charging option which is interchangeable, so you can just swap cable later when you change phones.

The audi one does look good, but doesnt it mount in the arm rest?

How do you know whose calling you/use sat nav etc?

looks like the phone would slide around a bit in there too, especially with some 'spirited' driving.

zoom_49838519_4G0051435-c.jpg

Reactions: ryanstewart9
yeah it is the arm rest one that i'm interested in, i've emailed my local dealers to see what prices they come back with. they are very very expensive for what they are!

Any dealers affiliated with this site that do discounts?

looks like the phone would slide around a bit in there too, especially with some 'spirited' driving.

zoom_49838519_4G0051435-c.jpg

Just been out in the car & may have come across an issue Audi may have missed with this cradle.

So, you get in the car, pop your phone in the cradle (in the armrest). Then you decide to pick up your drink!!

Oops, you've just lifted up the armrest & the phone has gone for a roll around in the armrest lol.