Suzuka Grey MY10 S3

L1ARR

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I introduced myself and my car.

For those of you who don't know I have been a previous Audi owner with an Avus Silver 8L S3, this was sold for a concourse M3 CSL. The CSL was an awesome machine and sounded unreal but a bigger house was calling so it went in Jan 2011.

DSC02352.jpg

Had no need for a car as I was content sharing the wife's when needed. Went to a few car shows and started falling for the 8P S3 and then got the bug again. This coincided with a low mileage Suzuka Grey MY10 S-Tronic coming on the market. It was a known car to the show scene and was fully loaded with a lot of factory extras. A deal was done with Audi and I bought the car in Sep 2011. Since owning the car I have been stocking up on parts and merely making cosmetic changes like Philips Diamond White Fogs, R8 Oil and Coolant Caps, Gloss R-NSE surround and LED Number plate lights and hoses etc.

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0205_1.jpg

DSC_0206_1.jpg

DSC_0209_1.jpg

I recently purchased a set of 18" BBS Split rims from Germany, these are currently being repainted and will be rebuilt shortly.

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5, ~RS~ and MartayMcFly
Welcome back Rich, love the cars. Hope you enjoy forum once again. :) x

That's a fantastic looking S3 you've got yourself... will look even better with some BBS on its feet!

most defo my fav colour for the S3 8P this is will look even better with its new shoes on get pics up once they are back and on the car :wub:

Looks great mate, love Suzuka.
Will look even better with the new BBS.

Can I ask where you got the gloss black surround for your RNS-E?
I didn't know this was a replaceable part...

Looks great mate, love Suzuka.
Will look even better with the new BBS.

Can I ask where you got the gloss black surround for your RNS-E?
I didn't know this was a replaceable part...

Hi Poli84,

I found the gloss surround by chance on EBay, I paid something like £30.

Ok, i'm confused, that is Ibis White is it not?

Ok, i'm confused, that is Ibis White is it not?

True to your name, haha. Suzuka looks a lot like Ibis in photos, unless you see the two together (or its really sunny and you can tell). Search for Suzuka on here and you'll find a pic of 2 TTs side by side - one Ibis and one Suzuka, then you'll see the difference.

True to your name, haha. Suzuka looks a lot like Ibis in photos, unless you see the two together (or its really sunny and you can tell). Search for Suzuka on here and you'll find a pic of 2 TTs side by side - one Ibis and one Suzuka, then you'll see the difference.

lol, very true :)

Thanks for the info, I will look it up now :)

Great car by the way, so ****** off I was denied the buckets :(

A potentially epic car in the making. Ian's stage 1 s-tron was doing 0-62 in under 4 seconds at inters, no reason why yours can't. Looking forward to the progress!

Thanks for all the positive comments on the car peeps. It's a long-term project for me and its used daily by the wife so there does have to be an element of practicality involved in the mods.

To give you an idea on the wheel specs, I have hunted high and low for these wheels and it took me 8 months and these are strictly summer and show use only. I have been looking in America, Japan, Germany and anywhere in Europe. They are BBS Super RS (2 piece splits) Front are 18x8 ET35 (could be an issue) Rear 18x9 ET42, I will be running slightly stretched tyres 215 40 on the front and 225 40 on the rear. I am going to see how the front run and if they are borderline I will get the hub shaved by 2-4 mm.

This is what they looked like when I bought them
IMG_1110.jpg

They have been split and now look like this
DSC_2349.jpg

DSC_2350.jpg

The centres are being painted Suzuka Grey by Ryan who runs PREPT and I am attempting to polish all 136 bolts, Hex caps and outer rims myself. I have ditched the gold pointed bolts as they are not my cup of tea. Am currently looking into lowering springs and have decided on H&R for the time being, a future project will be to run H&R Ultra Low Coilovers.

I have been buying up the odd interior part with a view of having them wrapped, I am not going too mad here. Engine mods, its currently running a Revo Stage1, I have sitting in a box new HPFP internals (courtesy of Rob W8 Performance), an ITG will be bought towards the end of the year. Have been looking into Intercoolers, catch cans and considering larger Brembo front calipers, a worth while investment like anything it comes down to money.

Once the springs are on and the wheels are sorted I will have a Geo set up and have a small amount of camber dialed in on the rear.

Reactions: N8
Forgot to add if there is anyone in Kent with VCDS, I want to get me number plate LED's sorted and a couple of other changes.

Let me know.

Thanks

A catch can is a must.

The muck that escapes through the PCV system coats the intake valves and really does cake the stems.

There are a number of good big intercoolers around now from THS,Proalloy and Airtec as well as Forge's Twintercooler.

I have a Proalloy on mine.

A catch can is a must.

The muck that escapes through the PCV system coats the intake valves and really does cake the stems.

There are a number of good big intercoolers around now from THS,Proalloy and Airtec as well as Forge's Twintercooler.

I have a Proalloy on mine.

Cheers Alex,

Have been looking at the Forge Twintercooler and they don't seem to have any info on facelift cars etc. Was looking into Pace or Bailey as they used to be big with the Ford boys, not too sure how they fair against THS, Proalloy etc.

Regarding the catch can Forge do one with a Carbon filter what's the difference?

I'll be in kent this weekend from sat till tues in Greatstone near New Romney if your near there and could pop over with my vcds..

I'll be in kent this weekend from sat till tues in Greatstone near New Romney if your near there and could pop over with my vcds..

Hi Rich,

Would love to but I am tied up all weekend, typical. Are you down here again?

Thanks kindly for the offer.

Cheers Alex,

Have been looking at the Forge Twintercooler and they don't seem to have any info on facelift cars etc. Was looking into Pace or Bailey as they used to be big with the Ford boys, not too sure how they fair against THS, Proalloy etc.

Regarding the catch can Forge do one with a Carbon filter what's the difference?

Have a quick chat with Forge about the system for your car but I'm pretty sure it's the one for the carbon filter.

The Proalloy and Airtec are about the biggest available and whilst I don't doubt the quality of Forge's stuff( I have their DV and other parts on my car),I wanted a single big intercooler rather than an add-on.

These things really come into their own with BT conversions but will make a difference in hot weather with Stg2+ cars.

I had a Pace radiator on one of my Cosworths and both had RS500 intercoolers.

If you're in the Kent area,you could drop Ben at AMD Essex a call and they can quote you for the intercooler.

I'm near canterbury with full vcds if it helps mate?No expert, but i'm sure the Led's etc would be easy enough...

Oh my! That's by far my favourite Audi colour it's just immense. I see where your going with the baby blue rims and am loving it! Gonna look very sexy bro!!

If you're in the Kent area,you could drop Ben at AMD Essex a call and they can quote you for the intercooler.
I will do as I want a price on a few things.

I'm near canterbury with full vcds if it helps mate?No expert, but i'm sure the Led's etc would be easy enough...
Would be good am happy to find a mutual time when it's convenient for us both. I am in Bromley, where are you?

What brake setups are you looking at exactly? Or not looking into it heavily yet?
Not focussing to heavily at the moment as other things are a higher priority. Was going to speak with the brake god Dave, he done an amazing job with Ash calipers. Why do you ask?

Oh my! That's by far my favourite Audi colour it's just immense. I see where your going with the baby blue rims and am loving it! Gonna look very sexy bro!!

I have to say the colour is so weird, in some light it looks white, in the sun you get to really appreciate the pearl effect flip paint.

If you're in Bromley.. you maybe closer to itwasntme187 (ash) who i believe is in dartford?

I will do as I want a price on a few things.

You may know that they've done all of the work on my car,apart from the VWR brake system,but the entire turbo system,engine rebuild,and everything up to that as well was done by them.

I only recommend people I know,and trust,and I would recommend them to anyone.

Lovely s3... Will look amazing on the bbs rims